ActiveX controls in Borland Developer studio 2006

2007-06-04 05:11:48 AM
cppbuilder62
Hi,
its been some time since i did some C++ programming. I am building a
small application that accesses the serial port and the only
interfaces i found were using ActiveX.
Now i am using Borland Developer STudio 2006 in the C++ Builder
personality. This does not allow me to see and therefore use ActiveX
controls.
In order to use ActiveX controls i have to switch to the C#
personality but the main problem is that i have already written the
application in C++ and i do not want to re-write it.
Can someone please provide me with some solutions on what I can do?
Thanks very much
Joseph A. Zammit

Re:ActiveX controls in Borland Developer studio 2006

joseph wrote:
its been some time since i did some C++ programming. I am building a
small application that accesses the serial port and the only
interfaces i found were using ActiveX.

Can someone please provide me with some solutions on what I can do?
Hi!
I use the ComPort library for serial communication.
Seems to work very nicely, and is really easy to use.
You can find it at sourceforge.net/projects/comport/
HTH
jmd