resource ids go to the wrong header

2004-02-03 10:24:22 PM
cppbuilder83
Hi,
i am trying to figure out how to tell my IDE to write the resource IDs to the header file i designate for it.
My project looks like this:
My.exe-|
|--Dialogs.rc
|--Dialog1.dlg
|--dialog1.h
|--Dialog2.dlg
|--dialog2.h
...etc.
I expected resource IDs for dialog1.dlg to automatically go to dialog1.h, etc. However, they are being written to some other header, and I cannot find where in IDE there is an instruction for it to do so.
Thanks for your help folks.
-Alex

Re:resource ids go to the wrong header

alex yershov wrote:

i am trying to figure out how to tell my IDE to write the resource IDs to the header file i designate for it.
My project looks like this:
My.exe-|
|--Dialogs.rc
|--Dialog1.dlg
|--dialog1.h
|--Dialog2.dlg
|--dialog2.h
...etc.
I expected resource IDs for dialog1.dlg to automatically go to dialog1.h, etc. However, they are being written to some other header, and I cannot find where in IDE there is an instruction for it to do so.

Thanks for your help folks.
-Alex

Hello,
If you are using BC5.02, open an .rc file,
then in the Resource menu select New, and then
click on the Options button - there is a combo edit
control to set where the new identifiers will be placed.
Jogy

Re:resource ids go to the wrong header

Jogy,
thanks for your reply. I added a new diaslog, selected the files I want as you instructed. But as I add controls to my dialog, the new IDs still go to a different file.
I checked the attributes of my new dialog, there are correct filenames listed there in appropriate boxes. I am loosing my mind guessing what forces new IDs to go to the wrong header file.
- Alex
Jogy < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
alex yershov wrote:
>Hi,
>
>i am trying to figure out how to tell my IDE to write the resource IDs to the header file i designate for it.
>My project looks like this:
>My.exe-|
>|--Dialogs.rc
>|--Dialog1.dlg
>|--dialog1.h
>|--Dialog2.dlg
>|--dialog2.h
>...etc.
>I expected resource IDs for dialog1.dlg to automatically go to dialog1.h, etc. However, they are being written to some other header, and I cannot find where in IDE there is an instruction for it to do so.
>
>Thanks for your help folks.
>-Alex

Hello,

If you are using BC5.02, open an .rc file,
then in the Resource menu select New, and then
click on the Options button - there is a combo edit
control to set where the new identifiers will be placed.

Jogy

{smallsort}

Re:resource ids go to the wrong header

Opening a resource file with the resource workshop you will get a dialogbox
when choosing 'new resource'. There is an option button to get a further
dialog for setting id number, resource file, header file etc. . On all
versions of BC(B) this way I had never problems (but: I am writing blind,
because I am restricted to be "online" under linux (by myself)).
A second "but:" now I can work faster by treating *.rc as text files and
copy/pasting many existing elements -- and after a (little) while typing
positions is more precise not only faster ...
gw