Possible Bug or Component Bug

I purchased DiamondADO available from http://www.islamov.com.  It functions
wonderfully for design-time created components.  I tried to create a
TdADOTable (similar to the TTable) component at run-time and succedded.
Data access and manipulation was perfect.  When I went to delete the
instance I created, the following compiler error happened...

void __fastcall TMainForm::GetData()
{
 TdADOTable *bob = new TdADOTable(MainForm);

 bob->Connection = Conn1;
 bob->TableName = "Data";
 bob->Active = true;

 /* SNIP - Get all the data.  Works fine. */

 bob->Active = false;

 delete bob;  /*  <- This is the line that produces the error below. */

}

[C++ Error] systobj.h(226): E2315 'Release' is not a member of '_Recordset',
because the type is not yet defined.

While looking in the section of systobj.h that produced the error, I came
across the rather interesting comment:

   /* This is a temp hack to allow the C++ compiler to allow us to derrive
   from DelphiInterface even though were not implementing and methods
    */
  //    virtual void __InternalPureHack() = 0;

Is this something that I need to update or could there be an error in the
component.  I did purchase the source code so I could go digging through
that, but I'm not as good with Pascal as I am with C++...

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated!  If there is any more
information I can provide, please ask!

Eric Hill

Re:Possible Bug or Component Bug

Hi Eric,

> {
>  TdADOTable *bob = new TdADOTable(MainForm);

Since you provided an owner, the framework should take care of the
delete -- not you.

If you wish to delete bob, try

  TdADOTable *bob = new TdADOTable();

good luck

liz

: "Eric Hill" <hi...@feist.com> wrote:

>I purchased DiamondADO available
>Is this something that I need to update or could there be an error in the
>component.

You might want to contact the vendor and ask him? After all, he should
know best what the problems with his components are?

--
General information:
    * Do not cross- or multipost

TeamB - http://www.teamb.com/

Re:Possible Bug or Component Bug

You are correct.  I sent him an e-mail that was almost line by line the same
as what I posted here.  I get faster responses out of the newsgroups, though
:)
Stefan Hoffmeister (TeamB) wrote in message ...
>: "Eric Hill" <hi...@feist.com> wrote:

>>I purchased DiamondADO available
>>Is this something that I need to update or could there be an error in the
>>component.

>You might want to contact the vendor and ask him? After all, he should
>know best what the problems with his components are?

>--
>General information:
>  * Post to the right group - http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/
>    * Do not cross- or multipost
>      * Research at http://www.mers.com/searchsite.html

>Stefan Hoffmeister - http://www.econos.de/
>TeamB - http://www.teamb.com/

Re:Possible Bug or Component Bug

I thought of that, but I installed the app on an NT machine (I'm on 98) and
watched memory usage.  After assigning this routine to a Click event,
subsequent clicks increased the memory usage of my app by a little (~5-15K)
each click.
Liz Albin wrote in message <3874D484.A6899...@Bowne.com>...
>Hi Eric,

>> {
>>  TdADOTable *bob = new TdADOTable(MainForm);

>Since you provided an owner, the framework should take care of the
>delete -- not you.

>If you wish to delete bob, try

>  TdADOTable *bob = new TdADOTable();

>good luck