Help: BCB 3, TDS files, and SoftICE.

Greetings;

Has anyone got SoftICE to work with BCB 3 programs?  I can't seem to
force the linker to put the debug info in the EXE/DLL; a requirement
for SoftICE.

Thanks,
Darrell

Re:Help: BCB 3, TDS files, and SoftICE.

On Sat, 10 Oct 1998 02:46:17 GMT, dpe...@efn.org (Darrell Perko)
wrote:

>Has anyone got SoftICE to work with BCB 3 programs?  I can't seem to
>force the linker to put the debug info in the EXE/DLL; a requirement
>for SoftICE.

I have heard someone else suggest that you open the *.tds file with
SoftIce.  Have you tried that?

Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)
--
JersW...@wwa.com

Re:Help: BCB 3, TDS files, and SoftICE.

Win/Ice works fine with BCB3. All you need to know is that BCB3 uses
incremental linker and incremental linker *always* puts debug info in a
separate file. Extention of that file is .tds. So you open up Loader32
and select to open this .tds file. Then you tranlate, load, etc.

Alex

Darrell Perko wrote:

> Greetings;

> Has anyone got SoftICE to work with BCB 3 programs?  I can't seem to
> force the linker to put the debug info in the EXE/DLL; a requirement
> for SoftICE.

> Thanks,
> Darrell

Other Threads