"Flat" look ComboBox

Hi

Can anyone give some pointers/examples on giving a "Flat" look to a
combobox. I want to embed the combobox in a cell in a stringgrid and the
normal combobox doesn't work well with its 3D look.

Thanks,
Alfred Thomas

Re:"Flat" look ComboBox

Hello!
You wrote  on Fri, 17 May 2002 10:53:24 +0200:

AT> Can anyone give some pointers/examples on giving a "Flat" look to a
AT> combobox. I want to embed the combobox in a cell in a stringgrid and
AT> the normal combobox doesn't work well with its 3D look.

ComboBox's border is the part of combobox's client area. You can respond to
WM_PAINT message and paint the border yourself, but removing of this border
seems to be impossible.

--
Eugene Mayevski
EldoS, chief coordinator

Re:"Flat" look ComboBox

Alfred Thomas wrote:
> Can anyone give some pointers/examples on giving a "Flat" look
> to a combobox. I want to embed the combobox in a cell in a
> stringgrid and the normal combobox doesn't work well with its
> 3D look.

I refer you to this archived message.  The author posted a Delphi
example to the attachments group.  It is now long gone, but I'll send
you a copy.  I have neither tried nor looked-at the component.
www.mers.com/merlist/borland/public/delphi/vcl/components/writing/495...

FF

Re:"Flat" look ComboBox

Would you mind posting this to the .attachments group for everybody's
benefit?

TIA
--
-- Early Ehlinger CEO, ResPower Inc - 256-533-1090 --
- RenderFarm - Lightwave,3dSMax,Bryce @$0.50/CPU*Hr -

"Fishface" <fishf...@drift.net> wrote in message news:3ce5eace_1@dnews...
> Alfred Thomas wrote:
> > Can anyone give some pointers/examples on giving a "Flat" look
> > to a combobox. I want to embed the combobox in a cell in a
> > stringgrid and the normal combobox doesn't work well with its
> > 3D look.

> I refer you to this archived message.  The author posted a Delphi
> example to the attachments group.  It is now long gone, but I'll send
> you a copy.  I have neither tried nor looked-at the component.

www.mers.com/merlist/borland/public/delphi/vcl/components/writing/495...

> FF

Other Threads