Debug Inspector Missing is BCB4 Standard???

I installed BCB4 standard (after removing BCB3).  The "Inspect..." selection
does not show up in the popup menu when right-clicking a variable when
stepping through code.  This openned a Debug Inspector window in BCB1&3 and
should work according to BCB4 Help.  Any suggestions?

Re:Debug Inspector Missing is BCB4 Standard???

: "Don Buchanan" <NeonD...@aol.com> wrote:

>I installed BCB4 standard (after removing BCB3).  The "Inspect..." selection
>does not show up in the popup menu when right-clicking a variable when
>stepping through code.  This openned a Debug Inspector window in BCB1&3 and
>should work according to BCB4 Help.  Any suggestions?

Please upgrade to C++Builder 4.0 Professional.

Indeed, the Debug Inspector has been removed from the ultra-cheap Standard
edition.

Re:Debug Inspector Missing is BCB4 Standard???

What I'd prefer is a patch to BCB3 to fix the bugs in the standard
lib....how can an version upgrade provide less functionality than the
original?  It's bad enough paying for each new release hoping for a bug-free
product.  Paying three times as much to obtain the same functionality is
unacceptable!

Stefan Hoffmeister (TeamB) wrote in message

<37dd6472.6624...@forums.inprise.com>...
>Please upgrade to C++Builder 4.0 Professional.
>Indeed, the Debug Inspector has been removed from the ultra-cheap Standard
>edition.

Re:Debug Inspector Missing is BCB4 Standard???

Hi Stefan,

Debug Inspector is also missing in my BCB4 Enterprise Installation and I
don't want to downgrade to BCB4 Professional.

How can I customize  Debug Inspector in BCB4 (Enterprise) ????

Thanks for your help
Wolfgang

Stefan Hoffmeister (TeamB) wrote in message

<37dd6472.6624...@forums.inprise.com>...
>: "Don Buchanan" <NeonD...@aol.com> wrote:

>>I installed BCB4 standard (after removing BCB3).  The "Inspect..."
selection
>>does not show up in the popup menu when right-clicking a variable when
>>stepping through code.  This openned a Debug Inspector window in BCB1&3
and
>>should work according to BCB4 Help.  Any suggestions?

>Please upgrade to C++Builder 4.0 Professional.

>Indeed, the Debug Inspector has been removed from the ultra-cheap Standard
>edition.

>--
>Stefan Hoffmeister (TeamB)     http://www.econos.de/
>Please do apply judgement when sending email.

Other Threads