Help! Control panel applet problems (repost)

I'm a novice BCB developer, and am just getting my feet wet
with CPL applets.  I just received my new copy of the C++
Builder 5 Developer's Guide, and it has a pretty simple example
on the CD which I have read through.

I started with the Control Panel Application wizard, then added
a form to the project.  I included each module's header in the
other.  I removed the line in the main .CPP which automatically
created the form (per instructions from the book) and put code
in the OnActivate()event to create the form dynamically.  I
even remembered to destroy the form after it is closed.

Here's the problem:  After right-clicking on the applet module,
installing the applet and activating it from the control panel,
all of which work fine, I closed the applet and the control
panel, but Windows still claims its in use!  I can't uninstall
the applet, delete or rename the .CPL file, etc.  I tried
closing BCB5 and every other running application.  I even
brought up the Task Manager (I'm on Win2000 Pro BTW) to see if
rundll was active, but it wasn't in the process list.

My applet is pretty simple at this point, and I'm stumped as to
why it doesn't appear to close properly.  Any ideas?

Thanks much,
Terry

Re:Help! Control panel applet problems (repost)

I've noticed this happening in Win98 as well (I made a test applet in BCB3,
no wizards).  I don't know the cause yet.

Gambit

"Terry" <terry.christopher...@solvay.com> wrote in message

> Here's the problem:  After right-clicking on the applet module,
> installing the applet and activating it from the control panel,
> all of which work fine, I closed the applet and the control
> panel, but Windows still claims its in use!  I can't uninstall
> the applet, delete or rename the .CPL file, etc.  I tried
> closing BCB5 and every other running application.  I even
> brought up the Task Manager (I'm on Win2000 Pro BTW) to see if
> rundll was active, but it wasn't in the process list.

Re:Help! Control panel applet problems (repost)

Also, much to my surprise, Explorer crashed HOURS after I had opened the control panel with my applet installed, and the error message claimed the dllentrypoint of MY applet caused the exception!  How strange...

-Terry

"Remy Lebeau [TeamB]" <gambi...@gte.net> wrote:

>I've noticed this happening in Win98 as well (I made a test applet in BCB3,
>no wizards).  I don't know the cause yet.

>Gambit

<< SNIP >>

Other Threads