Failed to create map file ....TDS HELP!

I'm using BCB v1.0.  Every now and then, a project refuses to build.  It
fails during the link phase with the message:

[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Failed to create map file C:\Program
Files\Borland\CBuilder\Projects\JML429Test.tds (error code 0).

I'm not even sure how to get around it.  I have gotten past this by
undeleting the TDS file from the Recycle Bin works.  Trouble is, I don't
have one at the moment to restore, so I'm kind of stuck.

Can anyone tell me what this is all about and how to fix it?

I'd appreciate a reply to my email, if you don't mind.  Thanks!

--
Lee Grey
Senior Software Engineer

Re:Failed to create map file ....TDS HELP!

I seem to have gotten around the problem by adding a new unit to the
project.  Still, does anyone have any insight into what's going on here?

--

Lee Grey wrote in message <6s4mdo$oe...@forums.borland.com>...
>I'm using BCB v1.0.  Every now and then, a project refuses to build.  It
>fails during the link phase with the message:

>[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Failed to create map file C:\Program
>Files\Borland\CBuilder\Projects\JML429Test.tds (error code 0).

>I'm not even sure how to get around it.  I have gotten past this by
>undeleting the TDS file from the Recycle Bin works.  Trouble is, I don't
>have one at the moment to restore, so I'm kind of stuck.

>Can anyone tell me what this is all about and how to fix it?

>I'd appreciate a reply to my email, if you don't mind.  Thanks!

>--
>Lee Grey
>Senior Software Engineer
>Avionic Displays Corporation

Re:Failed to create map file ....TDS HELP!

This answer came from Inprise's FAQ board:

Generally, deleting the *.il* files in the project directory (or
whatever directory the error names) will fix the problem.  It may be
that shutting down the IDE and restarting will help, but it seems to be
a corruption problem with the ilink files (*.il*).  Even if the default
*.il* files in the \BIN directory are named, you can delete them:
Builder will generate a new set of them.

Please note that the problem is NOT related to the creation of a linker
map file, but rather a memory-mapped file; turning off the creation of a
linker map file will NOT solve this problem.

I sometimes have to reboot my machine to get past the problem.

Lee Grey wrote:

> I'm using BCB v1.0.  Every now and then, a project refuses to build.  It
> fails during the link phase with the message:

> [Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Failed to create map file C:\Program
> Files\Borland\CBuilder\Projects\JML429Test.tds (error code 0).

> I'm not even sure how to get around it.  I have gotten past this by
> undeleting the TDS file from the Recycle Bin works.  Trouble is, I don't
> have one at the moment to restore, so I'm kind of stuck.

> Can anyone tell me what this is all about and how to fix it?

> I'd appreciate a reply to my email, if you don't mind.  Thanks!

> --
> Lee Grey
> Senior Software Engineer
> Avionic Displays Corporation

Re:Failed to create map file ....TDS HELP!

> Please note that the problem is NOT related to the creation of a
> linker
> map file,

So there *is* a problem creating linker map files!?  When I do this
BCB(1)'s been{*word*154} completly.  I did post a question to see if anyone
could confirm this for other installations but no-one did - so i'm still
without my map files.  Is there anyway I can create a map file for my
project without BCB{*word*154}?

Thanx

Nigel
--
Nigel Eke
eMail: remove 'no_' '_spam' from reply address

Re:Failed to create map file ....TDS HELP!

Hello Lee,

Lee Grey <lg...@avionic-displays.com> schreef in artikel
<6s4nnh$of...@forums.borland.com>...

> I seem to have gotten around the problem by adding a new unit to the
> project.  Still, does anyone have any insight into what's going on here?

Hmm, where you doing something involving DirectX programming maybe?
The only time I saw this was when I had runned a DirectX example from
somewhere, IvoryDraw or the Delphi Games Programming lib, wich one I'm not
shure. I had to reboot the computer every time to get BCB1 working again.
For me the solution was to switch the incremental linker off for those
projects and all the trouble stayed away after that.

Maybe something to try the next time... ;-))

--
Greetings from sunny Amsterdam

                Jan

email: bijs...@worldonline.nl
http://home.worldonline.nl/~bijster

Re:Failed to create map file ....TDS HELP!

Have you applied the patches for BCB 1.0?  There are some pretty significant
linker fixes in them.  See
http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bcppbuilder/patches.html
Lee Grey wrote:
> I'm using BCB v1.0.  Every now and then, a project refuses to build.  It
> fails during the link phase with the message:

> [Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Failed to create map file C:\Program
> Files\Borland\CBuilder\Projects\JML429Test.tds (error code 0).

> I'm not even sure how to get around it.  I have gotten past this by
> undeleting the TDS file from the Recycle Bin works.  Trouble is, I don't
> have one at the moment to restore, so I'm kind of stuck.

> Can anyone tell me what this is all about and how to fix it?

> I'd appreciate a reply to my email, if you don't mind.  Thanks!

> --
> Lee Grey
> Senior Software Engineer
> Avionic Displays Corporation