Doubleclick the .exe-file does not work

If I doubleclick the .exe-file, I get the error message : The dynamic
link library borlndmm.dll could not be found in the specified path
....... C:\PROGRAM FILES\Borland\CBuilder4\Projects\Bpl
If I copy the file into this directory, another file (cp3245mt.dll) is
requested, and so on.

I also installed BCB4 on another machine, and here it immediately worked
perfectly. But the .dll-file(s) is not in the directory mentioned above.
It seems on this machine the required path is different...(!) But where
can one set this path in the BCB4 IDE ?

Regards Knut

Re:Doubleclick the .exe-file does not work

Check to make sure that the <bcbroot>\bin directory is in your path.  IT sounds
like that is not in the path on the machine that is having the problems.
Remember that Win9x is still on top of DOS so has path limitations so things can
get cut off of the path if it is too long.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
The mist crawls from the c{*word*7}like some primordial phantom of romance

Re:Doubleclick the .exe-file does not work

Exactly. Thank you! (I use NT4.0, not Win9x) Strange though that the
required path (according to the error message) was implemented, but the
path to ...\bin as you suggested, was lacking.
But I wonder: Should not the .exe-file be clickable all on its own,
without any .dll's ? Else the file can not be moved to another PC. I'm
sure this is possible ?

Regards Knut

"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" wrote:

> Check to make sure that the <bcbroot>\bin directory is in your path.  IT sounds
> like that is not in the path on the machine that is having the problems.
> Remember that Win9x is still on top of DOS so has path limitations so things can
> get cut off of the path if it is too long.

> Knut Olsen-Solberg wrote:

> > If I doubleclick the .exe-file, I get the error message : The dynamic
> > link library borlndmm.dll could not be found in the specified path
> > ....... C:\PROGRAM FILES\Borland\CBuilder4\Projects\Bpl
> > If I copy the file into this directory, another file (cp3245mt.dll) is
> > requested, and so on.

> > I also installed BCB4 on another machine, and here it immediately worked
> > perfectly. But the .dll-file(s) is not in the directory mentioned above.
> > It seems on this machine the required path is different...(!) But where
> > can one set this path in the BCB4 IDE ?

> > Regards Knut

Re:Doubleclick the .exe-file does not work

> But I wonder: Should not the .exe-file be clickable all on its own,
> without any .dll's ? Else the file can not be moved to another PC. I'm
> sure this is possible ?

To do this, go to Project Options | Packages and turn off Build with
run-time packages
Then go to Project Options | Linker and un-check Use Dynamic RTL.  Then
rebuild your program and it will be a stand-alone exe that won't need any
DLL's.

Russell

Other Threads