DOS 16 bit

2007-06-14 09:43:46 AM
cppbuilder26
Which is the last version of the Borland C that will produce/compile DOS 16
bit code?

Re:DOS 16 bit

Also, that supports the 80186

Richard wrote:
Which is the last version of the Borland C that will produce/compile DOS
16 bit code?
I believe all of the Borland C++ versions did.
BC++ 3.1 was the last to include a DOS IDE
BC++ 3.0 - 5.02 had Windows IDE but could compile DOS applications.
Then came the Builder series which don't do 16 bit at all.

{smallsort}

Re:DOS 16 bit

Thanks.
Do you know if 5.02 still had support for the 80186?

news:46709d58$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Which is the last version of the Borland C that will produce/compile DOS
>16 bit code?
In addition to what Bob Gonder has already said, BC++ 5.02 (Borland's last
16-bit compiler) does support the 80186 processor. The full list of
instruction sets supported by the 16-bit compiler are:
8086
80186
80286
80386
i486
- Dennis

Re:DOS 16 bit

Thanks to all.

Re:DOS 16 bit

Yes, it support it.
Saludos
Sebastian
"Richard" <richard@SkinnerDOTnet>escribi?en el mensaje

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>I believe all of the Borland C++ versions did.
>BC++ 3.1 was the last to include a DOS IDE
>BC++ 3.0 - 5.02 had Windows IDE but could compile DOS applications.
>Then came the Builder series which don't do 16 bit at all.

Re:DOS 16 bit

Anyone know where I get a copy or buy a copy?

"Richard" <rwskinner@ccwipDOTnet>wrote in message
Anyone know where I get a copy or buy a copy?

>In addition to what Bob Gonder has already said, BC++ 5.02 (Borland's
>last 16-bit compiler) does support the 80186 processor. The full list of
>instruction sets supported by the 16-bit compiler are:
That's a good question. Since it is no longer supported or sold by Borland,
I wonder if copying it would be considered a violation of the license. It's
not like they're not getting their money for it since they aren't selling it
anymore.
The first place I'd look is eBay. In fact, here's one, new in the box:
cgi.ebay.com/Borland-C-5-02-5-0-Development-4-52-New-Retail-Box_W0QQitemZ130122975435QQihZ003QQcategoryZ46325QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
- Dennis