Anyone know anything about "Property PreserveCase does not exist"

2006-11-16 04:18:47 AM
cppbuilder89
It seems that some of my users are getting an EReadError exception with this
message "Error reading TEasyHolder->P.PreserveCase: Property PreserveCase
does not exist."
Can anyone shed some light on this? I have been unable to find this in any
source and was hoping someone here might have an idea of the cause. Could it
be something in one of the components I'm using? I'm not sure how it could
be if I can't find "PreserveCase" in any of the sources.
Thanks.
--
Albert Wiersch
Fix your website: onlinewebcheck.com

Re:Anyone know anything about "Property PreserveCase does not exist"

Albert Wiersch wrote:
It seems that some of my users are getting an EReadError exception with this
message "Error reading TEasyHolder->P.PreserveCase: Property PreserveCase
does not exist."
Your TEasyHolder probably isn't holding what you think it is.
I'm not sure how it could
be if I can't find "PreserveCase" in any of the sources.
A quick search in the Help shows
PreserveCase is a property of TDirectoryListBox

Re:Anyone know anything about "Property PreserveCase does not exist"

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 14:18:47 -0600, "Albert Wiersch"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

It seems that some of my users are getting an EReadError exception with this
message "Error reading TEasyHolder->P.PreserveCase: Property PreserveCase
does not exist."

Can anyone shed some light on this? I have been unable to find this in any
source and was hoping someone here might have an idea of the cause. Could it
be something in one of the components I'm using? I'm not sure how it could
be if I can't find "PreserveCase" in any of the sources.

This property is not mentioned in source files, but in .dfm files. The
best thing to do is edit all your forms and select the option "Text
DFM" for all of them, so that you may use normal text tools to work
with them (for instance, grep)
Zara

{smallsort}