TTable type component viewable by TDatabase

2007-04-04 11:21:01 AM
cppbuilder84
As you know, if I put a TTable component on a form that has a TDatabase
component on it, the TTable component can "see" the TDatabse component for
use in it's "DatabaseName" property in the Object Inspector.
I want to create a similar type component only in it's ability to see the
TDatabase component. But I don't want to inherit from TTable. How can I do
this?
For that matter, how does TTable discriminate between TDatabase type
components and any other type component on the form in the 1st place?
Thanks

Re:TTable type component viewable by TDatabase

Your question is about using VCL components, while this newsgroup is
about the C++ progrmaming language.
Please direct your browser at info.borland.com/newsgroups/ and
read the newsgroup descriptions and guidelines. This will help you
find the appropriate newsgroup for your question.

Re:TTable type component viewable by TDatabase

As you know, if I put a TTable component on a form that has a TDatabase
component on it, the TTable component can "see" the TDatabse component for
use in it's "DatabaseName" property in the Object Inspector.
I want to create a similar type component only in it's ability to see the
TDatabase component. But I don't want to inherit from TTable. How can I do
this?
For that matter, how does TTable discriminate between TDatabase type
components and any other type component on the form in the 1st place?
Thanks

{smallsort}