Error Info return from Type Lib

2005-02-18 01:26:49 AM
cppbuilder43
We imported the ssapi.dll from VSS. After figuring out way too much
about the classes generated in the header i didn't like, i've gotten
some of the stuff to work.
One thing i'm obviously missing/overcomplicating is retrieving Error
Info. There is an Add function that is part of an IVSSItems class that
will return an HRESULT. I can create the entry, but if anything goes
wrong, only the HRESULT is available to me outside the function. SOP
would be for me to look at the Error Info passed back since VSS supports
that interface, but Builder is throwing it all away in the Add method.
It has it, but it gets cleaned up with the temporaries that actually
called the interface. That really draws a vacuum!
How do I get the Error Info returned by the Add function in general, I
don't see this question in this newsgroup already so I'm surprised and
am probably overlooking something. What do I do?

Re:Error Info return from Type Lib

"Valence Crearer" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
There is an Add function that is part of an IVSSItems class that will
return an HRESULT. I can create the entry, but if anything goes wrong,
only the HRESULT is available to me outside the function. SOP would
be for me to look at the Error Info passed back since VSS supports
that interface, but Builder is throwing it all away in the Add method.
What makes you think that? Please show your actual code.
Gambit