TTab in designer: drop control on particular tab page?

2004-01-21 03:20:04 AM
cppbuilder85
Using BCB v6 sp4.
I put a TTab on a form in the visual designer. I made it have 3 tabs. I switched to
the third tab by setting TabIndex to 2 and then dropped a control (happens to be
IOComp's TiPlot) on it. Then I changed TabIndex to 0 and 1 and the dropped control
remains visible in the designer.
Is this expected behavior?
Can one drop controls onto tabs in a TTab while in the designer? Or does it have to
be done in code?

Re:TTab in designer: drop control on particular tab page?

"Randall Parker" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
message news:400d7f31$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
I put a TTab on a form in the visual designer.
I assume you actually mean a TTabControl instead?
I made it have 3 tabs. I switched to the third tab by
setting TabIndex to 2
You could just click on the Tab in the designer directly.
and then dropped a control ... on it. Then I changed
TabIndex to 0 and 1 and the dropped control remains
visible in the designer.

Is this expected behavior?
Yes, because you did not actually select the particular TTabSheet first.
Whenever you drop a new component onto a form, its Parent is whichever
component is already focused at the time of the drop. After changing the
Tab to the desired TabSheet, you need to actually click on the TabSheet's
client area itself to give the TabSheet focus, and then you can drop a
component onto it and the particular TabSheet rather than the form will
become the Parent for the dropped component.
Can one drop controls onto tabs in a TTab while in the designer?
Yes.
Gambit

Re:TTab in designer: drop control on particular tab page?

I assume you actually mean a TTabControl instead?

Make that TPageControl instead and the rest make more sense :-)
Palle.

{smallsort}