Enumwindow

2004-02-19 05:58:34 AM
cppbuilder112
I Start the application using CreateProcess. This way I obtain process Id
but not the HANDLE to toplewel window of my application.
I need this handle. I tried use EnumWindow. but, depending of ( ?? )
sometimes firstly find not toplevel window, but the handle to some Form ,
which I create in
my application.Sometimes is this TApplication but somentuimes another
subform
So how to get toplevel Windows Handle??
Best regards
Boguslaw Fries

Re:Enumwindow

"Boguslaw Fries" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I tried use EnumWindow. but, depending of ( ?? ) sometimes
firstly find not toplevel window, but the handle to some Form ,
which I create in my application.Sometimes is this TApplication
but somentuimes another subform
All VCL forms are not top-level to begin with, they are children of the
TApplication window. Is that the actual window that you are looking for, or
do you really mean to grab a TForm handle? Please provide more details.
What EXACTLY are you trying to accomplish?
Gambit

Re:Enumwindow

All VCL forms are not top-level to begin with, they are children of the
TApplication window. Is that the actual window that you are looking for,
or
do you really mean to grab a TForm handle? Please provide more details.
What EXACTLY are you trying to accomplish?

I have an ide. I have TTabsheet an a number of .exe application written on
Borlannd c++ . I want to load every (config file )
in the separat tabsheet. I tan use :Setoparent function, but i have to use
proper argument i.e. proper main window handle
Boguslaw Fries

{smallsort}

Re:Enumwindow

"Boguslaw Fries" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I have an ide. I have TTabsheet an a number of .exe application
written on Borlannd c++ .
If you are writing the executables yourself? If so, then you could try
simply passing the appropriate TabSheet handle as a command-line parameter
to each one when you spawn it, and then let each individual executable deal
with re-parenting its own main window to the specified parent window. This
is how the ScreenSaver Preview dialog works in the Control Panel's Display
applet, for example.
Gambit