TThread and TFtp

2004-11-08 11:44:09 PM
cppbuilder83
I have this problem.When I send a file with Indy tftp this block the entire
application.Can I use a thread for this?and how??Thanks.

Re:TThread and TFtp

"America" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
When I send a file with Indy tftp this block the entire application.
As well it should. All Indy operations are blocking. They do not return
control to the caller until they are finished performing their work. It
sounds like you are using TIdFTP in the context of the main VCL thread, in
which case the main message queue is going to be blocked from processing new
messages while you are transferring the file.
Can I use a thread for this?
Yes. The alternative is to simply place a TIdAntiFreeze onto your main
form.
Gambit

Re:TThread and TFtp

Learn threading. Frequently there is a lot of processing around an ftp,
email, etc. Put it all in a thread and drop the thread priority.
>Can I use a thread for this?
Yes. The alternative is to simply place a TIdAntiFreeze onto your main

{smallsort}

Re:TThread and TFtp

"Ted Tripp" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >ha scritto nel messaggio
Learn threading. Frequently there is a lot of processing around an ftp,
email, etc. Put it all in a thread and drop the thread priority.
Can you give me an example that use thread with VCL?Thanks