Exception handler

2004-08-31 10:14:09 PM
cppbuilder20
Hello,
I'm looking for freeware exception handler, which would log all the
exceptions my application made and inform me in which line of code
the exception has been raised. Anybody knows such a component ?
I'm using BCB5.
--
Regards,
EGON: Electronic Galactic Observation Neohuman

Re:Exception handler

"Egon" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
Hello,

I'm looking for freeware exception handler, which would log all the
exceptions my application made and inform me in which line of code
the exception has been raised. Anybody knows such a component ?
I'm using BCB5.
That's not a component features you're wanting. There is no way to
hook into that through a component. C++ offers no hook functions to
inform you when an exception is thrown.
The best you can get is to run your application under the de{*word*81}, or
only throw exceptions that will do this logging for you when they're
thrown. No general purpose solution exists, at least not portably.
Perhaps some C++ vendor documents how to hook into their exception
raising mechanism but I don't know of any that do.
--
Chris (TeamB);

Re:Exception handler

Access violation in module <news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM >at
address Chris Uzdavinis (TeamB). See explanation below:
That's not a component features you're wanting. There is no way to
hook into that through a component. C++ offers no hook functions to
inform you when an exception is thrown.

The best you can get is to run your application under the de{*word*81}, or
only throw exceptions that will do this logging for you when they're
thrown. No general purpose solution exists, at least not portably.
Perhaps some C++ vendor documents how to hook into their exception
raising mechanism but I don't know of any that do.
Thx for your advice. Thanx to it I was looking for other keywords
and I found a delphi oriented solution described here:
www.delphi3000.com/article.asp
Now I'll try to implement all that stuff in BCB. If it will work
for me as it's supposed to work in delphi, then this will be what
I'm looking for.
--
Regards,
EGON: Electronic Galactic Observation Neohuman
www.egon.5u.com

{smallsort}