color component

2004-08-30 09:19:01 PM
cppbuilder85
A lot of programs have a color component showing 2 rows of small squares
each square is a different color. This is used to quickly change the color
of a selected item by clicking on a color square. Is there a component like
this for BCB6.0?
Thanks.

Re:color component

"LarryJ" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
A lot of programs have a color component showing 2 rows
of small squares each square is a different color. This is used
to quickly change the color of a selected item by clicking on a
color square. Is there a component like this for BCB6.0?
BCB has always had a TColorDialog component for that. BCB6 also introduces
a new TColorBox component, as well as a new TColorSelect TAction descendant.
Gambit

Re:color component

I have seen the TColorDialog but this seems to be used for its own dialog
box. I need a color pallet that is on the main face of the program on a
TControlBar or in a status bar. Can I do this with the TColorDialog?
Larry

"LarryJ" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news:41332948$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>A lot of programs have a color component showing 2 rows
>of small squares each square is a different color. This is used
>to quickly change the color of a selected item by clicking on a
>color square. Is there a component like this for BCB6.0?

BCB has always had a TColorDialog component for that. BCB6 also
introduces
a new TColorBox component, as well as a new TColorSelect TAction
descendant.

Gambit

{smallsort}

Re:color component

"LarryJ" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I have seen the TColorDialog but this seems to be used for
its own dialog box. I need a color pallet that is on the main
face of the program on a TControlBar or in a status bar. Can
I do this with the TColorDialog?
No, which is why I mentioned the other components as well.
Gambit