IdUDPClient send a message to a special port?

Hello,
how could I send a message to a special port with Indy? I will send and
recieve from port ???? and not by any port which is take by the system.
Thanks
Paul

Re:IdUDPClient send a message to a special port?

"Paul" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
how could I send a message to a special port with Indy?
TIdUDPClient (and TIdTCPClient) has a Port property.
Gambit

Re:IdUDPClient send a message to a special port?

Hello,
the message go out over this property, that's OK.
TIdUDPClient (and TIdTCPClient) has a Port property.
But on the destination it will arrive not at this port which I need.
Because the destination is listen only one port.
So I have to send my message to this destination port.
And I don't know how to do that.
Thanks for help
Paul

{smallsort}

Re:IdUDPClient send a message to a special port?

Hi,
The Client Port property is the port it is sending to (the servers listening
port), not the port of the Client.
Paul
"Paul" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hello,
the message go out over this property, that's OK.

Re:IdUDPClient send a message to a special port?

"Paul" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
But on the destination it will arrive not at this port which I need.
Yes, it will arrive on the Port that you specify.
Because the destination is listen only one port.
That is the Port you need to specify when sending data.
So I have to send my message to this destination port.
Use the Port property. On a client, the Port tells it where to connect/send
to.
Gambit

"Paul" <not XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
The Client Port property is the port it is sending to (the
servers listening port), not the port of the Client.
Correct. That is exactly what you are asking for - to have the client send
data to a specific port on the server. If that is not what you are asking
for, then you need to re-word your question to be more clear about your
actual intentions.
Gambit

Re:IdUDPClient send a message to a special port?

I'm a different Paul (just to cause confusion). But hopefully "Paul" has
had his questions answered.

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...