NMFTP partial file read

2007-11-21 11:36:25 PM
cppbuilder24
Hi. Not sure if this is the right place to be asking this question,
but here goes:
I'm trying to write a PC app using Borland C++builder 6 which uses the
FTP protocol to browse through the headers of files on a remote
machine. The files are rather large (as much as 8Gbytes), but all
that I need to do is look at the first 512 bytes of each one to get
the header details.
I've been trying to use the NMFTP component, but it only seems to be
able to download entire files. I acheived something similar using a
vxWorks hosted FTP client, but that has a much finer level off access
to the guts of the client. Am I missing something obvious?
Any help would be most welcome.
Thanks.
Dave