unable to open file *.lib?

2003-07-17 02:25:44 PM
cppbuilder99
hi,allúČ
When I'm installing a third-party component, I got a link error "unable to open file rzdcl.lib". I found that the rzdcl.lib is the static lib file of another third-party component I installed some time before. Why when I install a third-party component, it needs another component's lib file? How could I do this?
Thanks!

Re:unable to open file *.lib?

In my opinion,
if you install a component it will be compiled.
If there is a dependency to another dll/library it should be delivered with
the original one or there should be a link to that library.
Detlef