Re: File not found: 'dsgnIntf.dcu' error

2006-01-27 08:38:16 AM
cppbuilder25
Sudesh wrote:
Hello:

While compiling a package in BCB 2006, I get the following error.
File not found: 'dsgnIntf.dcu'

What are .dcu files?
Compiled .pas files (dcu = delphi compiled unit). The package must be
rather old, since that unit is not used since quite a few versions
anymore. Newer packages include DesignIntf and/or DesignEditors
instead, which are both in the DesignIde package (and only in that
package). This means that designide must be in the requires section of
the package.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.de/
"Humor is always based on a modicum of truth. Have you ever heard a joke

Re:Re: File not found: 'dsgnIntf.dcu' error

Sudesh wrote:
Thanks Rudy
Yes the package is an old one.
So what is the fix? How do I remove dsgnIntf and include designide in
the package?

Sudesh
In the uses section of the unit, remove DsgnIntf and replace it with
DesignIntf.
If you are not sure, simply post the uses section of the unit here, and
I will tell you what to change.
In the requires section of the package, add designide. You can also do
this from the project manager.
If you are not sure, post the requires section of the package (.dpk
file) and I will tell you what to change.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.de/
"When I die I'm going to leave my body to science fiction."

Re:Re: File not found: 'dsgnIntf.dcu' error

Sudesh wrote:
Hi Rudy:
I already did that. Now the package is compiling but gives error at
linker stage

unable to open file 'Dsgnintf.obj'
You must still have a reference to DsgnIntf somewhere. In the case of a
BCB package, you must link to designide.bpi, and put DesignIntf in the
uses clause (if the unit is a .pas file).
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.de/
"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler."

{smallsort}

Re:Re: File not found: 'dsgnIntf.dcu' error

Hello:
While compiling a package in BCB 2006, I get the following error.
File not found: 'dsgnIntf.dcu'
What are .dcu files? What is the cause for this error? How can I fix it?
I had compiled and installed the same package successfully in the older
version.
Thanks,
Sudesh

Re:Re: File not found: 'dsgnIntf.dcu' error

Sudesh wrote:
If you are creating a C++ Package that contains a Delphi unit that
uses the DesignIntf and DesignEditors tools, you must choose
Project|Options|Pascal Compiler|Other Options and then add
-LUDesignIDE for the compiler to work correctly.

But where exactly?
In the edit box: "Use package .dcps when compiling (-LU)", after you
checked the check box there. Enter DesignIDE into the edit box.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.de/
"In the end, everything is a gag."

Re:Re: File not found: 'dsgnIntf.dcu' error

Sudesh wrote:
Thanks

BTW I don't find any references to 'Dsgnintf' in any of the the
project files. Still the error. Any idea??

Sudesh
Maybe in the project file.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.de/
"The only rules comedy can tolerate are those of taste, and the only

Re:Re: File not found: 'dsgnIntf.dcu' error

Thanks Rudy
Yes the package is an old one.
So what is the fix? How do I remove dsgnIntf and include designide in the
package?
Sudesh

Re:Re: File not found: 'dsgnIntf.dcu' error

Hi Rudy:
I already did that. Now the package is compiling but gives error at linker
stage
unable to open file 'Dsgnintf.obj'
Thanks,
Sudesh

Re:Re: File not found: 'dsgnIntf.dcu' error

Hi Rudy:
I searched all .pas files in the project but did not find any reference to
'Dsgnintf'.
One more question: In the release notes, I found the following: