modifiying the directory tree of a project

2004-02-26 04:24:41 AM
cppbuilder99
I have a project that was initially created such that all files were in a
single directory. I would like to reorganize this so that files of like type
are grouped in there own directory, like this:
Project
\source
\backup
\resource
\metafile
\obj
I have tried deleting the original project and rebuilding which almost
works, except when compiling the main unit it gives an error that the file
can't be found.
Can someone explain how the directory settings in the bpr file work?
Particularly:
<PATHCPP value=".;"/>
<PATHPAS value=".;"/>
<PATHRC value=".;"/>
<PATHASM value=".;"/>
<DEBUGLIBPATH value="$(BCB)\lib\debug"/>
<RELEASELIBPATH value="$(BCB)\lib\release"/>
Also, in the main unit where all the USEUNIT and USEFORM entries are, are
those paths relative to the main unit location, or the project file
location?

Re:modifiying the directory tree of a project

"Benjamin Pratt" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
except when compiling the main unit it gives an error
that the file can't be found.
You probably did not update the project's Includes path in the Project
Options to include the new subfolders.
Also, in the main unit where all the USEUNIT and USEFORM
entries are, are those paths relative to the main unit location, or
the project file location?
Considering that the main unit is always in the same folder as the project
itself, then they are relative to both.
However, if you are using BCB6, then the USE...() macros are not used at all
anymore, everything is stored in the BPR file directly now.
Gambit

Re:modifiying the directory tree of a project

Considering that the main unit is always in the same folder as the project
itself, then they are relative to both.
Thanks, Remy.
I had the main unit and project file in different directories. When I
corrected this, things went smoothly.

{smallsort}