lib define

2005-04-08 05:04:58 AM
cppbuilder100
Hi, friends
I have a c:/bcx/lib library directory
How can I define it in the
Project>Options ->Directories ->Librarypath edi box ??
Some hints please

Re:lib define

M.A. wrote:
Project>Options ->Directories ->Librarypath edi box ??
I don't understand your question. If you have a directory path then put
it in the edit box.
--
Andrue Cope [TeamB]
[Bicester, Uk]

Re:lib define

Thanks for the answer.
What is the $[BCB] there ?? Does it have some priority ?
I have Borland Developer support Staff's article
"DirectX 7 with C++Builder 4" ( I am trying DirectX 9)
which adds some include and lib files and says
" make sure the DX headers are searched before the BCB headers ...
So that was the reason of my question ..
M. A.
***********************
"Andrue Cope [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
M.A. wrote:

>Project>Options ->Directories ->Librarypath edi box ??

I don't understand your question. If you have a directory path then put
it in the edit box.

--
Andrue Cope [TeamB]
[Bicester, Uk]
info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

{smallsort}

Re:lib define

By the way;
Hints from the iDirectX 9 users are welcomed
M.A.

Re:lib define

M.A. wrote:
What is the $[BCB] there ?? Does it have some priority ?
What $[BCB]? You've lost me again. So far nowhere in this thread has
there been any occurence of the characters '$[BCB]'. You need to slow
down and remember that I don't know who you are, where you work or what
you're trying to do. I have only limited ability to guess at what you
actually mean.
which adds some include and lib files and says
" make sure the DX headers are searched before the BCB headers ...
That just means that when you add the DX include directories to the
project you should make sure they appear in front of the BCB
directories. That seems a pretty simple explanation so I'm still a
little bit unsure what you're asking.
In fact it occurs to me that this might be what you are referring to
with '$[BCB]' - do you in fact mean '$(BCB)'? If so then it's just a
macro that expands to the installation path of your copy of Borland
Builder.
What your document is therefore saying is that you must make sure that
the directories containing the DX headers appear before the directories
that start with the $(BCB) macro.
--
Andrue Cope [TeamB]
[Bicester, Uk]
info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Re:lib define

Thank you
M.A.
***********
M.A. wrote:

>What is the $[BCB] there ?? Does it have some priority ?

What $[BCB]? You've lost me again. So far nowhere in this thread has
there been any occurence of the characters '$[BCB]'. You need to slow
down and remember that I don't know who you are, where you work or what
you're trying to do. I have only limited ability to guess at what you
actually mean.

>which adds some include and lib files and says
>" make sure the DX headers are searched before the BCB headers ...

That just means that when you add the DX include directories to the
project you should make sure they appear in front of the BCB
directories. That seems a pretty simple explanation so I'm still a
little bit unsure what you're asking.

In fact it occurs to me that this might be what you are referring to
with '$[BCB]' - do you in fact mean '$(BCB)'? If so then it's just a
macro that expands to the installation path of your copy of Borland
Builder.

What your document is therefore saying is that you must make sure that
the directories containing the DX headers appear before the directories
that start with the $(BCB) macro.
--
Andrue Cope [TeamB]
[Bicester, Uk]
info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Re:lib define

M.A. wrote:
Thank you
You're welcome, I hope we finally worked out a solution.
By the way could you trim your quotes please or configure your
newsreader so that it doesn't append the previous message to your
response.
Thanks.