Looking for Phar Lap 286 Dos-Extender

2005-02-16 03:34:40 AM
cppbuilder91
To build an old Borland C++ 4.5-project I need the Phar Lap
286|DOS-Extender (Lite). Unfortunately I cannot find this (free) software.
Does anyone still have it, or knows how to get it?
It was distributed in the following versions
BC3.0
BC4.x
VS1.0
I need the BC4.x version
Yours Sincerely,
WieMie

Re:Looking for Phar Lap 286 Dos-Extender

WieMie wrote:
To build an old Borland C++ 4.5-project I need the Phar Lap
286|DOS-Extender (Lite). Unfortunately I cannot find this (free) software.
Does anyone still have it, or knows how to get it?
WieMie
*** I don't have access to it, but you might also try searching for
"QRAM" from Quarterdeck. I believe it extended both 808n and 286 systems.
I have QEMM 8.1. but I don't see QRAM on my systems. E-mail me and I
will check the original discs.
Richard Bonner
www.chebucto.ns.ca/~ak621/DOS/

WieMie wrote:
To build an old Borland C++ 4.5-project I need the Phar Lap
286|DOS-Extender (Lite). Unfortunately I cannot find this (free) software.
Does anyone still have it, or knows how to get it?
WieMie
*** I did some research and have some links at my site. Search "Phar
Lap" at:
www.chebucto.ns.ca/~ak621/DOS/Websites.html
Richard Bonner
www.chebucto.ns.ca/~ak621/DOS/

{smallsort}

WieMie wrote:
To build an old Borland C++ 4.5-project I need the Phar Lap
286|DOS-Extender (Lite). Unfortunately I cannot find this (free)
software.

Does anyone still have it, or knows how to get it?
Is this of any use?
ftp.nsk.su/.3/language/c-cpp/pharlap.zip
--
* Klaus Meinhard *
www.4dos.info

Re:Looking for Phar Lap 286 Dos-Extender

The orignal sources have been compiled with Phar Lap's 286 Dos-Extender.
We've tried some other extenders, but we cannot get it to work :(
XXXX@XXXXX.COM wrote:
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 22:50:09 +0000 (UTC), XXXX@XXXXX.COM
(Richard Bonner) wrote:

>WieMie wrote:
>
>>To build an old Borland C++ 4.5-project I need the Phar Lap
>>286|DOS-Extender (Lite). Unfortunately I cannot find this (free)
software.

>>Does anyone still have it, or knows how to get it?
>
>>WieMie
>
>*** I don't have access to it, but you might also try searching for
>"QRAM" from Quarterdeck. I believe it extended both 808n and 286 systems.
>
>I have QEMM 8.1. but I don't see QRAM on my systems. E-mail me and I
>will check the original discs.

I don't think that would work.

"286|DOS-Extender (Lite)" provides a OS/2 1.x runtime environment and
DOS Family API support.

Re:Looking for Phar Lap 286 Dos-Extender

I'm not sure what it is, I've found this ZIP on the Borland-ftp as well.
It seems to be some sort of a graphics-library to use in your
C++-application.
It is unfortunately not what I'm looking for, since I'm looking for the
286|Dos-Extender itself (this seems to be just a small part of it). This
one uses a DLL-file, while my application is DOS-only (so no DLL's used)
Thanks anyway
WieMie