BDS2006, how to exclude a template cpp file from build

2005-12-14 07:54:07 PM
cppbuilder83
Hi,
I am trying to generate BDS2006 project files for ACE/TAO. How do I exclude
some cpp files from the build. I want to have the template cpp files in the
project file but the compiler shouldn't compile these.
Johnny

Re:BDS2006, how to exclude a template cpp file from build

I am trying to generate BDS2006 project files for ACE/TAO. How do I exclude
some cpp files from the build. I want to have the template cpp files in the
project file but the compiler shouldn't compile these.
Would adding them once and building them once, (building inside the
IDE to easily pick up your preferred options), then removing the .cpp
and replacing it with the .obj work for your scenario?
--Craig

Re:BDS2006, how to exclude a template cpp file from build

Would adding them once and building them once, (building inside the
IDE to easily pick up your preferred options), then removing the .cpp
and replacing it with the .obj work for your scenario?
These files just don't need to get build themselves, just to be in the
project. ACE/TAO is delivered as source code and I want now to deliver
project files people can load in BDS2006 to build things and then debug
problems if needed. We talk about more then a thousand different project to
be generated, I just can't imagine making manually changes is doable.
Johnny

{smallsort}