JCL Debug: no stack frame

2006-02-28 03:20:01 AM
cppbuilder50
Hi,
I've tried to ask this on the Project JEDI yahoo group, but it seems
nobody is there. I hope someone here can help me:
I've added a JCL Exception dialog to my BDS 2006 C++ project. When an
exception occurs, this dialog shows the details of the exception. So far
so good. But the stack trace is missing. I see the exception address,
loaded modules etc, but no stack trace.
In ExceptDlg.pas I see this:
StackList := JclLastExceptStackList;
but JclLastExceptStackList returns nil. Don't know where to look further..
I have generated a map file, and Project|Insert JCL Debug data is
enabled. Any ideas on how to include the stack trace?
Thanks!
Joost

Re:JCL Debug: no stack frame

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 20:20:01 +0100, Joost < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
enabled. Any ideas on how to include the stack trace?
I'm sorry for not answering your original question but I'd like to
recommend you to use madExcept instead which is the most advanced
among similar tools AFAIK
--
Vladimir Ulchenko aka vavan

Re:JCL Debug: no stack frame

Thanks, I'll check it out.
vavan wrote:
I'm sorry for not answering your original question but I'd like to
recommend you to use madExcept instead which is the most advanced
among similar tools AFAIK

{smallsort}

Re:JCL Debug: no stack frame

Hi,
You have to add "JclStartExceptionTracking;" in the initialization
section of the first unit of the project. You have to explicitly enable
exception tracking.
--
Florent Ouchet