R: 5MB bitmap - Out of Memory

2003-10-07 08:47:38 PM
cppbuilder32
I'm not sure if i'm understanding correctly, but is your bitmap somehow
part
of the form?
Yes, is the property of a control
And if so, when it is part of the form you can't save/compile?
Yes, i can only obtain various "out of memory" errors,,,
If that is the case, why don't you try loading the bitmap dynamically at
run
time?
'Cause i don't want to give my bmps "separated" from the EXE.
I need (this is a "must" from our customer) to obtain a single exe,
unzipped, without any required DLL other than the ones Windows already have,
with no "external files" at all. You can put the exe where you want (HD, CD,
Zip drivers...) and it runs everytime.... (sigh!)

Re:R: 5MB bitmap - Out of Memory

parduz wrote:
'Cause i don't want to give my bmps "separated" from the EXE.
Have a look at:
Harold Howe
Add icon, cursor, bitmap, and sound resources to a BCB project
www.bcbdev.com/faqs/faq52.htm
And look at the thread "How to add existing bmp to resource file?"
in this newsgroup.
Hans.