C++ Builder 2007 and TMS Unicode Pack

2008-04-10 10:26:47 AM
cppbuilder56
I am trying to get TMS Unicode Component Pack v1.5.1.2 March 2008 installed along
with a fresh copy of C++ Builder 2007 RC2 (December 2007) on Windows XP x64 Professional.
Could someone describe for me the steps in order to do this? When I complete
the "Install" and afterwards place a TnTButton component on a form I get
"This application has failed to stare because TMSUnicodeC2007.bpl was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Re:C++ Builder 2007 and TMS Unicode Pack

In article <47fd7ae4$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >, "na" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
"This application has failed to stare because TMSUnicodeC2007.bpl was not
found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
Is the directory where the .bpl resides in the system PATH?
--
David Dean (CodeGear)
Lead C++ QA Engineer

"David Dean [CodeGear]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
In article <47fd7ae4$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >, "na" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>"This application has failed to stare because TMSUnicodeC2007.bpl was not
>found.
>Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Is the directory where the .bpl resides in the system PATH?
--
David Dean (CodeGear)
Lead C++ QA Engineer
No I guess that is it. I did not have to do this for Delphi 7... Or was it just done for me? Also I
don't want the final compiled .exe to have .bpl dependencies.

{smallsort}

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>In article <47fd7ae4$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >, "na" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>
>>"This application has failed to stare because TMSUnicodeC2007.bpl was not
>>found.
>>Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
>
>Is the directory where the .bpl resides in the system PATH?
>--
>David Dean (CodeGear)
>Lead C++ QA Engineer

No I guess that is it. I did not have to do this for Delphi 7... Or was it just done for me? Also I
don't want the final compiled .exe to have .bpl dependencies.
Correction, no that did not fix it. What could I possibly be doing wrong? I have installed
components for years with Delphi 7. What are the differences in C++ Builder?

Re:C++ Builder 2007 and TMS Unicode Pack

"na" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
I don't want the final compiled .exe to have .bpl dependencies.
Simply disable the project's "Build with runtime packages" option.
Gambit

"Remy Lebeau (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

"na" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>I don't want the final compiled .exe to have .bpl dependencies.

Simply disable the project's "Build with runtime packages" option.
This is as I thought. I have done this at C++ Builder's base option (before creating any project).

In article <47fe5e9d$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >, "na" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Correction, no that did not fix it. What could I possibly be doing wrong? I
have installed
components for years with Delphi 7. What are the differences in C++ Builder?
I don't believe this is a C++ specific issue. It is the IDE that
needs the .bpl. If you have the full studio, are you able to use the
components in Delphi?
--
David Dean (CodeGear)
Lead C++ QA Engineer

Re:C++ Builder 2007 and TMS Unicode Pack

"David Dean [CodeGear]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
In article <47fe5e9d$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >, "na" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>Correction, no that did not fix it. What could I possibly be doing wrong? I
>have installed
>components for years with Delphi 7. What are the differences in C++ Builder?

I don't believe this is a C++ specific issue. It is the IDE that
needs the .bpl. If you have the full studio, are you able to use the
components in Delphi?
--
David Dean (CodeGear)
Lead C++ QA Engineer
I think I stumbled upon fixing it. Here is the issue:
1. I did not have in the %path% the directory to the .bpl
2. For some reason (issue with the "Install" portion of TMS) the component path was adding a ".\"
That is a period followed by a slash.
So I had to remove the components and then re-add them.
Thanks for everyone's help.
Just one question. Do I need to do a debug and release compile for the components? The install
help file does not mention this...

"na" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message news:47fd7ae4$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
I am trying to get TMS Unicode Component Pack v1.5.1.2 March 2008 installed along
with a fresh copy of C++ Builder 2007 RC2 (December 2007) on Windows XP x64 Professional.

Could someone describe for me the steps in order to do this? When I complete
the "Install" and afterwards place a TnTButton component on a form I get
"This application has failed to stare because TMSUnicodeC2007.bpl was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
To all who are following along I have it working now. I appreciate all the hard work
the TMS developers have done. Somewhat better installation instruction should
be in order..
1. I am very new to C++ Builder but not C++, Delphi, or programming in general.
2. The "install" script or whatever for TMS does not add to the path the .bpl nor do the
instructions state that one should. Perhaps all C++ Builder experts know this?
3. The "install" script for TMS modifies the path to it's current directory by appending
a ".\". That is a period following by a slash.
4. After running the install script you must from the File menu choose "Component
Install Packages" then uninstall TMS. Shutdown C++ Builder, Open C++ Builder and
then add it. Now the path is correct.
5. Add to the windows %path% the directory to the "TMSUnicodeC2007.bpl" file.
6. I am logged in as a limited user so perhaps the install script would have updated the path
otherwise.