InPlace Editor Font is Too Small

2006-12-13 12:38:01 AM
cppbuilder108
Hi,
I have a TStringGrid where
StringGrid1->DefaultRowHeight = 24;
StringGrid1->Font->Name = Tahoma;
StringGrid1->Font->Size = 16;
The problem is the InPlace Editor clips the characters while the text is
edited, as if the editor is still using the default font size of 8. After I
hit Enter the text displays in the cell properly. But the clipping effect
is annoying and has wasted lots of my time. How can I fix this?

Re:InPlace Editor Font is Too Small

"Mark Payne" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

[...] How can I fix this?
You will have to subclass the TStringGrid and override it's
CreateEditor method where instead of allocating the default
TInplaceEdit, you allocate a sunclassed TInplaceEdit that can
handle changing fonts and sizes and such.
~ JD

Re:InPlace Editor Font is Too Small

You must be right, but I did find out that if I change
JobGrid1->Font->Name
from "Tahoma" to "Arial" everything works fine. Strange.
Thanks
"JD" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

"Mark Payne" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>[...] How can I fix this?

You will have to subclass the TStringGrid and override it's
CreateEditor method where instead of allocating the default
TInplaceEdit, you allocate a sunclassed TInplaceEdit that can
handle changing fonts and sizes and such.

~ JD

{smallsort}