Access windows protectected memory

2007-09-03 10:09:59 AM
cppbuilder22
Hi,
How can I do in order to access windows protected memory as video memory?
ej:
char far *vgamemory = (char *)0xA0000000L;
lvCar=*vgamemory
This code generates an EAccessViolation,
Thx for you help!!
Regards,
Carlos

Re:Access windows protectected memory

Carlos Quijano wrote:
How can I do in order to access windows protected memory as video memory?
char far *vgamemory = (char *)0xA0000000L;
Google is your friend.
See in particular, the last 2 messages in thread
tinyurl.com/2styc6
groups.google.com/group/borland.public.turbopascal/browse_thread/thread/7ceb2cdf0ad79abc/a82c75bb17569e78
If that doesn't help or work, then I'd sit down and think
about what I really want to do, and how it can be done
with the Windows Api instead of the DOS Api.