Indy missing from tool palette...

2008-05-29 02:10:59 AM
cppbuilder90
Ok, I've got the silly thing installed, it shows up as "Indy 10 Core Design
Time" and "Indy 10 Protocols Design Time" in the Design Packages list, but
there are no entries in the tool palette. What did I miss THIS time? :)
tnx.
g.
--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007
www.f15sim.com - The only one of its kind.

Re:Indy missing from tool palette...

"Gene Buckle" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Ok, I've got the silly thing installed, it shows up as "Indy 10 Core Design
Time" and "Indy 10 Protocols Design Time" in the Design Packages list, but
there are no entries in the tool palette. What did I miss THIS time? :)

Are you in the Form design mode?
--
Bruce

Re:Indy missing from tool palette...

"Gene Buckle" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Ok, I've got the silly thing installed, it shows up as "Indy 10 Core
Design Time" and "Indy 10 Protocols Design Time" in the Design
Packages list, but there are no entries in the tool palette. What
did I miss THIS time? :)
Did you fully remove the older Indy that shipped with the IDE first?
There is a known problem with Indy not appearing on the Palette after
upgrading. Nobody knows why that is happening yet, or how to fix it.
Gambit

{smallsort}

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Ok, I've got the silly thing installed, it shows up as "Indy 10 Core
>Design Time" and "Indy 10 Protocols Design Time" in the Design
>Packages list, but there are no entries in the tool palette. What
>did I miss THIS time? :)

Did you fully remove the older Indy that shipped with the IDE first?

Tore it out by the roots. :)
There is a known problem with Indy not appearing on the Palette after
upgrading. Nobody knows why that is happening yet, or how to fix it.

Will completely uninstalling RS2k7 and re-installing it make the problem
go away? I need this thing functioning as quickly as possible. :(
tnx.
g.
(Hey CodeGear, in the future, don't include components in the release that
you're not commercially supporting. Independent developers don't have time
for this {*word*99}.)
:
--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007
www.f15sim.com - The only one of its kind.

Re:Indy missing from tool palette...

"Gene Buckle" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
(Hey CodeGear, in the future, don't include components in the release that
you're not commercially supporting. Independent developers don't have
time
for this {*word*99}.)
The fun is only just beginning, my friend!

Jason Cipriani < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
"Gene Buckle" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>(Hey CodeGear, in the future, don't include components in the release that
>you're not commercially supporting. Independent developers don't have
>time
>for this {*word*99}.)

The fun is only just beginning, my friend!

For VERY small values of "fun". :)
g.
--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007
www.f15sim.com - The only one of its kind.

Re:Indy missing from tool palette...

"Gene Buckle" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Will completely uninstalling RS2k7 and re-installing it make
the problem go away?
Probably not, since doing so would also re-install the old Indy version as
well.
Gambit

Re:Indy missing from tool palette...

On or about 28 May 2008 12:14:04 -0700 did Gene Buckle
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >dribble thusly:

>"Gene Buckle" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>
>>Ok, I've got the silly thing installed, it shows up as "Indy 10 Core
>>Design Time" and "Indy 10 Protocols Design Time" in the Design
>>Packages list, but there are no entries in the tool palette. What
>>did I miss THIS time? :)
>
>Did you fully remove the older Indy that shipped with the IDE first?

Tore it out by the roots. :)

>There is a known problem with Indy not appearing on the Palette after
>upgrading. Nobody knows why that is happening yet, or how to fix it.

Will completely uninstalling RS2k7 and re-installing it make the problem
go away? I need this thing functioning as quickly as possible. :(
Others have pointed out that they show up in the Delphi tool palette, but not
BCB. I have only BCB2007, and they don't show up there. They do, however,
get added to the BCB6 palette.
The evidence would seem to point to a bug in BCB2007.
Note that while you don't have a tool palette, the design library is loaded
properly, so you could add the Indy components by hand to the form file. Once
they're on the form, their design-time properties work fine.

Re:Indy missing from tool palette...

Gene Buckle wrote:
Tore it out by the roots. :)
Did you exit from the IDE and restart it to make sure that the
original Indy install was really gone? I have not tried installing a
different Indy 10, but when I have installed Indy 9 I usually find
that on the next restart the IDE still thinks Indy 10 is installed
even though it had appeared to be removed before installation of Indy
9.
- Leo

Re:Indy missing from tool palette...

"Gene Buckle" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Will completely uninstalling RS2k7 and re-installing it make
>the problem go away?

Probably not, since doing so would also re-install the old Indy version as
well.

Craaaap. I can work with this non-visually, but it sure would be nice to
have those back on the palette. Is anyone even working on a solution for
this issue?
tnx!
g.
--

Mike Ruskai < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Note that while you don't have a tool palette, the design library is loaded
properly, so you could add the Indy components by hand to the form file. Once
they're on the form, their design-time properties work fine.
Now that's interesting. Thanks for that tip Mike. I may give that a shot.
I've never manually added anything to the DFM before though. Are there notes
on doing this or should I just go for it? *laughs*
g.
--

Leo Siefert < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Gene Buckle wrote:

>Tore it out by the roots. :)

Did you exit from the IDE and restart it to make sure that the
original Indy install was really gone? I have not tried installing a
different Indy 10, but when I have installed Indy 9 I usually find
that on the next restart the IDE still thinks Indy 10 is installed
even though it had appeared to be removed before installation of Indy
9.

Leo, as far as I know, there was no prior installation of Indy 9 on the
system at all.
g.
--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007
www.f15sim.com - The only one of its kind.

Re:Indy missing from tool palette...

"Gene Buckle" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Leo, as far as I know, there was no prior installation of
Indy 9 on the system at all.
Indy is preinstalled with each IDE version from Delphi/BCB 6 onward. Even
if you choose to install Indy 10 during the IDE installation, Indy 9 files
may be placed on the machine as well, and vice versa.
Gambit

Gene Buckle wrote:
>"Gene Buckle" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>
>>Will completely uninstalling RS2k7 and re-installing it make
>>the problem go away?
>Probably not, since doing so would also re-install the old Indy version as
>well.

Craaaap. I can work with this non-visually, but it sure would be nice to
have those back on the palette. Is anyone even working on a solution for
this issue?

The batch files I mentioned before (and have reposted in the attachments
group since the original message seems to have expired) will move all
the old Indy file installed by the RAD studio installer to a backup
directory, thereby removing them, before replacing them with new
versions built from a set of new CVS source files.
HTH
Dennis Cote

Gene Buckle wrote:
Leo, as far as I know, there was no prior
installation of Indy 9 on the system at all.
Not exactly what I meant. I'm suggesting that you might have two
different versions of Indy 10 partially installed. The IDE seems to
have a difficult time letting go of the Indy 10 that is installed by
default and you indicated that you were using a later version of Indy
10.
- Leo