Training and simple code samples for cpp compiler programming ?

2005-08-04 03:49:26 AM
cppbuilder38
Hello, I have written a lot of VBScript programs and I am now trying to port
these to C++ using the free Borland command line tools.
I only have a theoretical knowledge of C++. On the other hand, my scripts
are not really complicated, no GUI, only file and registry access,
createobjects, a little bit of MSXML.
My first steps are rather painful... Just trying to find the equivalent of
msgbox, of string handling routines, creating and calling a sub, etc. The
help files provided with the CPP compiler are not always very handy.
Could someone point to me :
- training material for basic windows programming with the CPP compiler
- very simple code samples
Thank you in advance
Jean-Marie