CFG and environment variables

Does bcc55 accepts environment variables in ".cfg" files? For example
bcc32.cfg. If, how?
Regards

Re:CFG and environment variables

Hi Volki

Does bcc55 accepts environment variables in ".cfg" files? For example
bcc32.cfg. If, how?

Here is an example from a wxWidgets .b32 file (www.wxwidgets.org). Hope
this helps
Regards
Rolf (aka spieler67)

$(CFG): makebase.b32
copy &&!
-Hc
-H=$(WXDIR)\src\msw\wx32.csm
-3
-d
-a4 # dword alignment
-R-
-X
-w-par
-w-aus
-w-hid # virtual function A hides virtual function B
-tWM
-tWC
-I$(ARCHINCDIR);$(WXINC);$(BCCDIR)\include;$(WXDIR)/src/generic;$(WXDIR)/src/png;$(WXDIR)/src/jpeg;$(WXDIR)/src/zlib;$(WXDIR)/src/tiff;$(THISDIR)
-I$(WXDIR)\include\wx\msw\gnuwin32
-L$(BCCDIR)\lib;$(BCCDIR)\lib\psdk
-D__WXWIN__
-D__WXMSW__
-D__WINDOWS__
-DWIN32
$(OPT)
$(DEBUG_FLAGS)
$(WIN95FLAG)
! $(CFG)
<<<<<

Rolf Ackermann wrote:
Here is an example from a wxWidgets .b32 file (www.wxwidgets.org). Hope
this helps

$(CFG): makebase.b32
copy &&!
! $(CFG)
<<<<<
Thank you very much,
That's OK. And, like below;
-------------------------- bcc32.cfg---------------------
-I"$(stlport)";"c:\Borland\Bcc55\include"
-L"c:\Borland\Bcc55\lib;c:\Borland\Bcc55\Lib\PSDK"
is wrong but is there such way? For example, Open Watcom 1.0 has a different syntax:
$(%stlport)
so, thought, maybe bcc55 has a different syntax for this cfg at least.
Regards

{smallsort}

Re:CFG and environment variables

Hi VOLKI

-------------------------- bcc32.cfg---------------------
-I"$(stlport)";"c:\Borland\Bcc55\include"
-L"c:\Borland\Bcc55\lib;c:\Borland\Bcc55\Lib\PSDK"

is wrong but is there such way? For example, Open Watcom 1.0 has a
different syntax:

I'm not sure. But you can take environment variables into "make" variables
by simply writting
MYMAKEVAR="$(MYENVVAR)"
and then put the make variable into the string like this:
-I$(MYMAKEVAR);c:\Borland\Bcc55\include
Regards
Rolf (aka spieler67)

vOLKi < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Does bcc55 accepts environment variables in ".cfg" files?
I'm reasonably sure it doesn't.
But then, you shouldn't really need them. Those .cfg files are for
the *default* configuration. If you want to use settings that change
over time, you should override them on the command line or in a
copy of the main .cfg file tailored to your project.
--
Hans-Bernhard Broeker ( XXXX@XXXXX.COM )

Re:CFG and environment variables

Hi,
Sorry for this delay. Big thanks for sharing your ideas and
experiences. In fact yes that cfg is for persisted preferences. But one
thought something and wish. Then thought, this is not so preferable. But,
wonder i missed something and this is to place for sharing experiences.
Thank you again for interesting with my problem. Happy coding.
Best Regards