minGW file extensions issue

2005-02-16 07:36:18 AM
cppbuilder44
Hi all
i'm trying to compile some source code for the mingw compiler toolset : my files have extensions .h and .cc
will the compiler complain if file extensions are .cc ?
i had this problem when i tried to compile the code for BW32C: i adjusted the "compile mode" option and it worked !
i guess that this issue happened again with mingw ; but i can't find any option for "compile mode" or file extensions for mingw !
please help!
thanks.

Re:minGW file extensions issue

mahaa wrote:
will the compiler complain if file extensions are .cc ?
Go to Tools -->Build Tools ... and look for the mingw
entry of the compiler. As I can see, the default setting
also includes registered extensions of .cc (at least in
Windows, other platforms are not configuered yet)
This is also the place where to change these settings.
Greetings Roman

Roman Morokutti <nospam@nospam>wrote:
Go to Tools -->Build Tools ... and look for the mingw
entry of the compiler. As I can see, the default setting
also includes registered extensions of .cc (at least in
Windows, other platforms are not configuered yet)

This is also the place where to change these settings.

I tried this method but i'm still getting the same problem :-(
I get this error :
"stdio.h": C:/CBuilderX/mingw/include/stdio.h type specifier omitted for parameter ` at line 216
__gnuc_va_list'
the compiler is unable to preprocess even the first included file "stdio.h" in my program !
what could be the cause of this problem?
please help !
thanks

{smallsort}

"mahaa" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

Roman Morokutti <nospam@nospam>wrote:

>Go to Tools -->Build Tools ... and look for the mingw
>entry of the compiler. As I can see, the default setting
>also includes registered extensions of .cc (at least in
>Windows, other platforms are not configuered yet)
>
>This is also the place where to change these settings.

I tried this method but i'm still getting the same problem :-(

I get this error :
"stdio.h": C:/CBuilderX/mingw/include/stdio.h type specifier omitted for parameter ` at line 216
__gnuc_va_list'

the compiler is unable to preprocess even the first included file "stdio.h" in my program !

what could be the cause of this problem?

please help !

thanks

Hint :
why my library compiled with borland win32 compiler toolset but not with mingw toolset ?