Ap finds out if there is an update available.

Rad Studio 2007.
I'd like my ap to be able to check our server to see if an update is available. I would guess that the ap would send some kind of message and the server would return the current version number.
Can anyone point me to any documentation that discusses this or provide any other help. Our server runs Linux and probably Apache FWIW.
Thanks

Re:Ap finds out if there is an update available.

I'm not sure how you would want to implement this option to your
application. But, I just wrote my own updater for my server so I can give
you an idea of how I did it.
I wanted my server to manageable by itself (update itself and carry on with
jobs)... I just used FTP to do my work. I had it connect to an FTP server
with its own login and download a "latestversion.txt" file and open it up to
read... After it was done checking if the server was the latest version or
not, it would take the process necessary using a couple simple algorithms I
wrote.
Not sure if it helps but if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
-Iron Maverickk