Re: Idle thoughts

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 19:30:12 -0400, Ed Mulroy [TeamB] wrote:
Oh darn. You were the one I sat and talked to the better part of an
hour!!!! I'd not put you, the name, together with you the person, what a
horrible thing to have to admit :-(
A humbling experience for me - not as memorable as I'd thought :)
--
liz

Re:Re: Idle thoughts

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 19:44:07 -0400, Liz Albin wrote:
not as memorable as I'd thought :)
That is, /I'm/ not as memorable as I'd thought :)
--
liz

Re:Re: Idle thoughts

CrewGBR wrote:
And that reasoning was already shown to be flawed.
No. People here are trying to say something other than the fact that
people on Borland's newsgroups are not representative of Borland's
entire customer base.
People are usually very forgiving of the repentant sinners. But when
the company denies any wrongdoing,
What are you talking about?
Certainly nothing I was.
--
John Kaster, Borland Developer Relations, bdn.borland.com
Don't miss the best BorCon ever! info.borland.com/conf2003/

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Idle thoughts

Yes you were memorable.
I just messed up the name. It seems that I always mess up names.
. Ed
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 22:50:37 -0400, Ed Mulroy [TeamB] wrote:
I just messed up the name. It seems that I always mess up names.
We used to say that when you met a man you'd say "Hi Michael" and if he
said he wasn't Michael, you'd say "Sorry David". And at least ?of the
time you'd get by with it.
Of course, not with you :)
--
liz

Re:Re: Idle thoughts

Ed Mulroy [TeamB] wrote:
Liz,

When did we meet?
TeamB picnic 2001.
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)
"Premature optimization is the root of all evil." -- Donald Knuth

Re:Re: Idle thoughts

Ed Mulroy [TeamB] wrote:
Oh darn. You were the one I sat and talked to the better part of an
hour!!!!
LOL!
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a

Re:Re: Idle thoughts

"CrewGBR" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
"John Kaster (Borland)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news:3f8de8fc$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Hendrik Schober wrote:
>>Of my fellow workers, less than 5% regularly
>>read some newsgroups. The others are exactly
>>the same 95%+ that never read any books on
>>C++, complain about templates cropping up in
>>the code, keep forgetting about exception
>>safety... I don't think that's an incident.
>
>Thank you. This is exactly the type of differentiation I was referring
>to in my other recent reply to "Mike" (IIRC).

And that reasoning was already shown to be flawed.
Was it?
What I don't understand is the Borland's behavior on these newsgroups. Had
they admitted that they screwed up this time [...]
I don't see how this relates to the quoted
postings.
Schobi
--
XXXX@XXXXX.COM is never read
I'm Schobi at suespammers org

Re:Re: Idle thoughts

"Ed Mulroy [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Come on John, tell the truth. Now that I think about it, you might not so
I'll tell it.

TeamB folks and the TeamB management people all are from a select group of
extremely handsome (or in the case of the women, beautiful) people who of
course all have superior minds.
Oh c'mon, Ed! There's been pictures of a
TeamB picknic published on the web and the
link to that had got posted here. So we
all know what you look like. Knowing what
you would consider a "handsome" guy (when
looking into the mirror) makes us wonder
what your aesthetic ideals would be.
Well...anyway... now that you have been
honest, we should be honest, too: There
is a closed mailing list, setup by regular
long-time posters here, where your
aesthetic preferences are discussed with
psychologists. Dooh, if you knew what they
found out...
:o>
[...]
Schobi
--
XXXX@XXXXX.COM is never read
I'm Schobi at suespammers org
"And why should I know better by now/When I'm old enough not to?"
Beth Orton

Re:Re: Idle thoughts

ROFL!!
. Ed
Hendrik Schober wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Ed Mulroy wrote:
>
>TeamB folks and the TeamB management people all are
>from a select group of extremely handsome (or in the case
>of the women, beautiful) people who of course all have
>superior minds.

Oh c'mon, Ed! There's been pictures of a
TeamB picknic published on the web and the
link to that had got posted here. So we
all know what you look like. Knowing what
you would consider a "handsome" guy (when
looking into the mirror) makes us wonder
what your aesthetic ideals would be.
Well...anyway... now that you have been
honest, we should be honest, too: There
is a closed mailing list, setup by regular
long-time posters here, where your
aesthetic preferences are discussed with
psychologists. Dooh, if you knew what they
found out...

Re:Re: Idle thoughts

With D2006 getting closer, something just struck me (no, not my Team
Lead). If D2005 is BDS 3.0, is it safe to assume that D2006 would be BDS
4?
I'm a superstitious kinda guy and given my experience with:
The Apple IV, VMS 4, VB4, Delphi 4
can you guys please, pretty please just skip BDS 4.0 and go straight to
BDS 5.0?
--
John
Life is complex. It has real and imaginary parts

Re:Re: Idle thoughts

John Wester [Group W] wrote:
With D2006 getting closer, something just struck me (no, not my Team
Lead). If D2005 is BDS 3.0, is it safe to assume that D2006 would be
BDS 4?

I'm a superstitious kinda guy and given my experience with:

The Apple IV, VMS 4, VB4, Delphi 4

can you guys please, pretty please just skip BDS 4.0 and go straight
to BDS 5.0?
LOL! I was rather fond of TP4 and WP4.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.bei.t-online.de
"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something." - Pancho

Re:Re: Idle thoughts

John Wester [Group W] wrote:
With D2006 getting closer, something just struck me (no, not my Team
Lead). If D2005 is BDS 3.0, is it safe to assume that D2006 would be BDS
4?

I'm a superstitious kinda guy and given my experience with:

The Apple IV, VMS 4, VB4, Delphi 4

can you guys please, pretty please just skip BDS 4.0 and go straight to
BDS 5.0?

BDS 4.0 is D2006. Sorry!
Binary Packets with daily error corrections
www.ca.freepascal.org/Lazarus/
New: Free Pascal 2.1.1 / Lazarus 0.9.9 !!!
Vote qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
Create native 64-bit compiler/IDE
Vote qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
Parameterized Types (aka Generics) also for Win32

Re:Re: Idle thoughts

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] wrote:
John Wester [Group W] wrote:

>With D2006 getting closer, something just struck me (no, not my Team
>Lead). If D2005 is BDS 3.0, is it safe to assume that D2006 would be
>BDS 4?
>
>I'm a superstitious kinda guy and given my experience with:
>
>The Apple IV, VMS 4, VB4, Delphi 4
>
>can you guys please, pretty please just skip BDS 4.0 and go straight
>to BDS 5.0?

LOL! I was rather fond of TP4 and WP4.

I remain absolutely cool. I started with TP 5.5 :-)

John Wester [Group W] wrote:
can you guys please, pretty please just skip BDS 4.0 and go straight
to BDS 5.0?
The guys who make that decision are on the 13th floor.