Re: On the BCB and CBX debate: But Borland hasn't properly supported CBX

2004-09-28 08:36:35 AM
cppbuilder92
Kristofer Skaug wrote:

Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:

>Almost all of Borland's products were acquired at some point it turns
>out. If you want to include InterBase as an acquisition (which
>happened ~15 years ago) you'd have to also include C++ and Delphi
>both of which initial offerings started life outside of Borland.

Sure, but it is less clear what (if any) value Borland has added to
Bold, Caliber, StarTeam etc so far.
Bold has evolved into ECO which is a fairly significant change. Most people who
have seen the feature list for ST 6.0 would say the same about ST. Caliber is
much more tightly integrated with ST and the IDEs today than before the purchase
so even that one is moving forward at a good pace.

Kristofer
--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build

Re:Re: On the BCB and CBX debate: But Borland hasn't properly supported CBX

On 23 Sep 2004 23:57:25 -0700, "Leo Saguisag (Borland)"
<lsaguisag_at_borland_dot_com>wrote:
Meanwhile, the development team is still looking into how we can
creatively manage getting an updated BCB out to our customers without
overworking the development team in the process.
Aww, com on. They're programmers. Just give lotsa coffee.
- Leo