Automate excel spreadsheet creation at runtime

2004-05-28 05:19:02 AM
cppbuilder12
Does anyone have some helpful code for creating an excel 2002 spreadsheet at
runtime from a query modified by a form?

Re:Automate excel spreadsheet creation at runtime

Does anyone have some helpful code for creating an excel 2002 spreadsheet at
runtime from a query modified by a form?
Why so specific? "Excel 2002 spreadsheet"?
I have generated CSVs from many languages, and Excel has no trouble
*reading* a properly formatted CSV file (*writing* a properly formatted
CSV from Excel can be an issue). Since the CSV is pure text, generating
one is not too difficult. I'd offer source, but all of the CSV generating
source I have on hand is Fortran.

Re:Automate excel spreadsheet creation at runtime

Hi,
"Brianb" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Does anyone have some helpful code for creating an excel 2002 spreadsheet at
runtime from a query modified by a form?

Do you really want to do OLE-automation with a pre C++Builder Borland compiler ?
This stuff is so much easier with C++Builder (or Delphi for that matter).
Maybe you are already using this, but then you are in the wrong newsgroup.
Try 'borland.public.cppbuilder.activex'.
regards, Matt

{smallsort}