Limit on the number of output files.

2004-09-28 06:23:32 PM
cppbuilder62
Hi,
I'm having a problem opening an array of output files.
I have created an array
ofstream outfileVariables[100];
and then i'm using a loop to open
for (int file_count = 0; file_count < 100; file_count++){
outfileVariables[file_count++].open("xxx.txt");
}
Essentially i want to create an array of pointers to output files, but for some reason after 42 files are opened then the open() command fails.
My question: Is there a limit on the number of output files that can be simultaneously opened, because under 42 files my application works fine.
Borland C++ 5.5.1 for Win32 Copyright (c) 1993, 2000 Borland
Thanks,
Donal