Updated roadmap

2006-03-20 04:52:53 PM
cppbuilder30
Hi all,
I saw this updated roadmap, presented at "Borland Japan Developer
Conference", dated 14. March 2006.
Managed C+++ was removed from Highlander release, and Highlander was
rescheduled to begining of 2007 (as expected).
What was more annoying was the absence of C++ CLI and C++/VCL for .NET.
Isn't there any plans for such?
--
frode

Re:Updated roadmap

On 20 Mar 2006 01:52:53 -0700, "Frode Nilsen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:
Managed C+++ was removed from Highlander release, and Highlander was
good news. they better reach appropriate C++ level before proceed to
C+++ (whatever that means) <g>
--
Vladimir Ulchenko aka vavan

Re:Updated roadmap

"Frode Nilsen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
Managed C+++ was removed from Highlander release, and Highlander was
rescheduled to begining of 2007 (as expected).
What was more annoying was the absence of C++ CLI and C++/VCL for .NET.

Isn't there any plans for such?
C+++ = C++ plus C++ CLI
:-)

{smallsort}

Re:Updated roadmap

XXXX@XXXXX.COM wrote:
"Frode Nilsen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:

>Managed C+++ was removed from Highlander release, and Highlander was
>rescheduled to begining of 2007 (as expected).
>What was more annoying was the absence of C++ CLI and C++/VCL for .NET.
>
>Isn't there any plans for such?

C+++ = C++ plus C++ CLI
:-)
Just be careful you don't exceed with the pluses:
/--
| ++
| ++
\--
;-)
Cheers,
--
Nicola Musatti
Team Thai Kingdom

Re:Updated roadmap

Frode Nilsen wrote:
What was more annoying was the absence of C++ CLI and C++/VCL for .NET.
They can't go putting C++/CLI into the language without a lot of work on it and also
basic C++ compliance. I'm not surprised they can't get it done in time. They'd need a
budget to hire a lot more people and even then it would be difficult. They can't
remedy all their compiler compliance deficiencies in a year plus add major new CLI
extensions.
Isn't there any plans for such?
Sure. But I have plans to buy my own island too.

Re:Updated roadmap

Randall Parker wrote:
Frode Nilsen wrote:
>What was more annoying was the absence of C++ CLI and C++/VCL for
>.NET.

They can't go putting C++/CLI into the language without a lot of work
on it and also basic C++ compliance. I'm not surprised they can't get
it done in time. They'd need a budget to hire a lot more people and
even then it would be difficult. They can't remedy all their compiler
compliance deficiencies in a year plus add major new CLI extensions.

I can relate to that, but since they have put C++/Win64 on their list
they seems to have made the decision that Win64 are more important to
their C++ customers than C++/CLI.
For me it is not, and I am starting to feel that C++BuilderX is
creaping into BDS (whitout any builder;).
(The roadmap is spanning the periode from start of 2005 til end of
2008.)
btw. does someone have any idea about how many people are working on
the C++ compiler at Borland?
>Isn't there any plans for such?

Sure. But I have plans to buy my own island too.
:) Well, I would call that a dream (not a plan).
--
frode

Re:Updated roadmap

In article <4423c89a$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"Frode Nilsen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
btw. does someone have any idea about how many people are working on
the C++ compiler at Borland?
Depends on what you mean by "working on the compiler", but I remember
at least Owen, Robert, Bruneau, and Craig answering questions which seem
to require more intimate knowledge of the compiler than the average
employee. There are a few other Borland employees who have opened C++ QC
reports, but they don't necessarily work on the compiler.
--
-David

Re:Updated roadmap

Helllo Nick / Borland People:
What news are regarding BDS2007? There will be a Turbo Professional 2007
editions?
Thanks.
Saludos
Sebastian

Re:Updated roadmap

Sebastian Ledesma [Solidyne Labs] wrote:
There will be a Turbo Professional 2007 editions?
During the Delphi Hour, it was said that the Turbo editions are the low
end line of BDS and that there will be Turbo editions of Highlander/BDS2007.