Compiling BCB 4.0 Code with BCB 6.0

Hello,

I have a project in Borland C++Builder 6.0 Enterprise, and I need to
make use of a dialog in a project I created earlier in Borland
C++Builder 4.0 Standard. When I select "Add to Project.." from the menu,
and select the file(HTMLWizard.cpp), I compiled it.

It said(as I'd expected):

[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'VCLE40.LIB'

I don't know what to do. I hope that this file can be converted asd
there is a lot of stuff that I need. Is there any way to change the
option for this file to VCL60.LIB or whatever BCB 6.0 uses?

Thanks a Lot.

Re:Compiling BCB 4.0 Code with BCB 6.0

"The Rock" <t...@rock.com> wrote in message news:3CC2A700.6010204@rock.com...
> Hello,

> I have a project in Borland C++Builder 6.0 Enterprise, and I need to
> make use of a dialog in a project I created earlier in Borland
> C++Builder 4.0 Standard. When I select "Add to Project.." from the menu,
> and select the file(HTMLWizard.cpp), I compiled it.

> It said(as I'd expected):

> [Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'VCLE40.LIB'

> I don't know what to do. I hope that this file can be converted asd
> there is a lot of stuff that I need. Is there any way to change the
> option for this file to VCL60.LIB or whatever BCB 6.0 uses?

> Thanks a Lot.

Create a new 6.0 project and add the 4.0 source file to it; don't try to
migrate the 4.0 project.  Borland are laughably bad at providing a migration
path from version to version.

Re:Compiling BCB 4.0 Code with BCB 6.0

> Create a new 6.0 project and add the 4.0 source file to it; don't try to
> migrate the 4.0 project.  Borland are laughably bad at providing a migration
> path from version to version.

Thanks a lot for the reply, what files(i know its .cpp and .h so far)?
Do I need to add .dfm?

--
/Regards
The Undertaker

"The Undertaker" <amal_alpho...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > Create a new 6.0 project and add the 4.0 source file to it; don't try to
> > migrate the 4.0 project.  Borland are laughably bad at providing a
migration
> > path from version to version.

> Thanks a lot for the reply, what files(i know its .cpp and .h so far)?
> Do I need to add .dfm?

This could be fun, since apparently the .dfm format changed from a binary
form to xml or some other text format.  Otherwise you could just add the
corresponding .cpp file and Builder would take the rest.

Can anyone tell me how BCB6 responds to BCB4 .dfm files?

--
Corey Murtagh
The Electric Monk

Re:Compiling BCB 4.0 Code with BCB 6.0

dammit..thank you cory, I shall have a look.

> This could be fun, since apparently the .dfm format changed from a binary
> form to xml or some other text format.  Otherwise you could just add the
> corresponding .cpp file and Builder would take the rest.

--
/Regards
The Undertaker

Re:Compiling BCB 4.0 Code with BCB 6.0

> This could be fun, since apparently the .dfm format changed from a binary
> form to xml or some other text format.  Otherwise you could just add the
> corresponding .cpp file and Builder would take the rest.

I just tried to add the cpp file to a new project, but same error comes
up(see my first post)...

--
/Regards
The Undertaker