Smart pointers for AUTOMATION only?

Hi

If I create a trivial COM object in an EXE then write another BCB app to
instantiate it using the imported type library and the TCOMI.. classes, I
get an exception (interface doesn't exist).

If I follow the exact same steps, but instead of picking
File:New:ActiveX:COM object I pick File:New:ActiveX:AutomationObject I do
not have the problem

What could be going wrong?

Re:Smart pointers for AUTOMATION only?

Michael, is the registration OK ? Can you set a breakpoint in the server
.exe and see if it's QI is called ?

Alex

--
HotSend - portable documents technology