Board index » cppbuilder » File tabs in edit window of BCB 5 Pro w/patch#1

File tabs in edit window of BCB 5 Pro w/patch#1

Hi,

I haven't found a way to delete unwanted files (tabs) from the edit window.
Can't even delete them from the Window List (View|Window List). There must
be a way, short of going in to '(myproject).dsk' and manually deleting them.

This is very awkward, forcing me to view other files of interest (say a
system header file or a log file) in Wordpad or some other editor. Bummer!
By the way, I *do like* BCB 5 Pro very much. It keeps getting better (except
for the docs, which haven't caught up)!

-Lew Barnesson

 

Re:File tabs in edit window of BCB 5 Pro w/patch#1


Lew,

Now that you mention it I've never noticed that this functionality is
missing from the menu.  I never tried to close an open unit by using the
menu.  I've always typed CTRL+F4 to close the active window (in BCB1 ->
BCB5, Delphi -> Delphi 5).  If you like to use the mouse, right click in the
editor and choose Close Page.

Quote
> By the way, I *do like* BCB 5 Pro very much. It keeps getting better
(except
> for the docs, which haven't caught up)!

Actually, the docs are getting better with every release.  They still have
some OP stuff in them but in general they are getting better at the same
rate the IDE is getting better ... slow but steady.

- Clayton

Re:File tabs in edit window of BCB 5 Pro w/patch#1


Hi Clayton,
Thanks for your (very good) answer. It was just what I needed. I had looked
at the context menu but didn't see the "Close page". Need new glasses!
Thanks again.
-Lew Barnesson

"Clayton M. Arends" <nospam_claytonare...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:39ef351e$1_2@dnews...

Quote
> Lew,

> Now that you mention it I've never noticed that this functionality is
> missing from the menu.  I never tried to close an open unit by using the
> menu.  I've always typed CTRL+F4 to close the active window (in BCB1 ->
> BCB5, Delphi -> Delphi 5).  If you like to use the mouse, right click in
the
> editor and choose Close Page.

> > By the way, I *do like* BCB 5 Pro very much. It keeps getting better
> (except
> > for the docs, which haven't caught up)!

> Actually, the docs are getting better with every release.  They still have
> some OP stuff in them but in general they are getting better at the same
> rate the IDE is getting better ... slow but steady.

> - Clayton

Re:File tabs in edit window of BCB 5 Pro w/patch#1


Umm, Alt-F3 closes them for me. Or right click and select Close Page.

    - Bill

--
----------------------------------------------------------------
Bill Zitomer
R.I. Soft Systems - http://www.risoftsystems.com
ScreenSaver.com - http://www.screensaver.com
Screen Greetings - http://www.screengreetings.com
Virus Myths - http://www.vmyths.com

Quote
"Lew Barnesson" <lewb...@msn.com> wrote in message

news:8snaik$h4r9@bornews.borland.com...
Quote
> Hi,

> I haven't found a way to delete unwanted files (tabs) from the edit
window.
> Can't even delete them from the Window List (View|Window List). There must
> be a way, short of going in to '(myproject).dsk' and manually deleting
them.

> This is very awkward, forcing me to view other files of interest (say a
> system header file or a log file) in Wordpad or some other editor. Bummer!

> By the way, I *do like* BCB 5 Pro very much. It keeps getting better
(except
> for the docs, which haven't caught up)!

> -Lew Barnesson

Re:File tabs in edit window of BCB 5 Pro w/patch#1


(blushing) thanks Bill  -Lew
Quote
"Bill Zitomer" <bzito...@risoftsystems.com> wrote in message

news:39ef7a92$1_2@dnews...
Quote
> Umm, Alt-F3 closes them for me. Or right click and select Close Page.

>     - Bill

> --
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Bill Zitomer
> R.I. Soft Systems - http://www.risoftsystems.com
> ScreenSaver.com - http://www.screensaver.com
> Screen Greetings - http://www.screengreetings.com
> Virus Myths - http://www.vmyths.com

> "Lew Barnesson" <lewb...@msn.com> wrote in message
> news:8snaik$h4r9@bornews.borland.com...
> > Hi,

> > I haven't found a way to delete unwanted files (tabs) from the edit
> window.
> > Can't even delete them from the Window List (View|Window List). There
must
> > be a way, short of going in to '(myproject).dsk' and manually deleting
> them.

> > This is very awkward, forcing me to view other files of interest (say a
> > system header file or a log file) in Wordpad or some other editor.
Bummer!

> > By the way, I *do like* BCB 5 Pro very much. It keeps getting better
> (except
> > for the docs, which haven't caught up)!

> > -Lew Barnesson

Other Threads