Update: Problem printing canvas with images

I am using the Printers canvas to generate reports for my app.  All of
the information, including my images is there in the printout as long as
I sit and let the printer print before I continue moving through my app.

Otherwise, if I start opening windows and other things, after the EndDoc
has been called, the report prints all its text but only some or no
images are printed.  I tried putting in some for loops to slow things
down but it doesn't help.  I have tried checking the Printing property
but it is no good outside of my printing function because it only tells
you if the EndDoc has been called.  My printing function returns way too
fast, so fast that the print job is not complete.

I have also tried just printing four different images, two per page, not
in a loop.  The same thing happens.

I have also tried printing through a thread.  The same thing happens.

And last but not least I tried putting all of this information, text and
images, one page at a time into a bitmap and then printing this entire
bitmap to each page.  Now entire pages are blank

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?  Do you know how to check to see
if the printer is still trying to PROCESS the print job, not just print
it?

I believe that the problem is that the process is not letting the
StretchDraw method finish drawing the bitmap before is continues on. Is
there any way to make the process stop and wait for the images to be
completely drawn to the canvas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

--
Scott Thornton
Programmer Analyst

Re:Update: Problem printing canvas with images

> And last but not least I tried putting all of this information, text and
> images, one page at a time into a bitmap and then printing this entire
> bitmap to each page.  Now entire pages are blank
>I believe that the problem is that the process is not letting the
>StretchDraw method finish drawing the bitmap before is continues on

Hi Scott!

You do not mention what printer you are using, however, StretchDraw
will fail on a number of printers.

We specialize in solving image printing problems from Delphi/CBuilder.

Take a look at our TExcellentImagePrinter product, where you can
download our official demo application and try it out. There are a
number of options for printing images to problematic printers that just
might fix the problem:

http://www.code4sale.com/joehecht/

Joe
--