"Find Package Import" Error

I am trying to compile some code that compiled and ran just days before and
am now getting a "Find Package Import" error...I have no idea what this
means.  This code is verbatim what it was days ago when it compiled and ran
perfectly.  What happens is a dialog box appears immediately when I try to
compile the program by hitting the green play button that has as its title
"Find Package Import" and then prompts me to find a series of .bpi files.
The first of which is VCLADO50.bpi. After that it prompts for a number of
other .bpi files........if I cancel out of all those boxes I get a linker
error:
[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'VCLADO50.BPI'

Please advise.

John

Re:"Find Package Import" Error

Ryan wrote:

> I am trying to compile some code that compiled and ran just days before and
> am now getting a "Find Package Import" error...I have no idea what this
> means.  This code is verbatim what it was days ago when it compiled and ran
> perfectly.

You might want to look at the project's BPR and see if the library path has been
mangled or corrupted somehow. Also, there is an option that allows you to see the
commands that are passed to the linker and compiler. Turn this option on and capture
the command for invoking ilink32.

To turn this option on, you must edit the registry (I think). Go to
hkey_current_user\Software\Borland\C++Builder\5.0\Compiling and set ShowCommandLine
to 1. If this option is not there, add it. It is a string value.

Harold Howe [TeamB]
http://www.bcbdev.com

Other Threads