Porting BCB 1.0 to BCB 3.0

Hi,

I have bought BCB 3.0, and before I start porting my applications I would
like some good advices/techniques.

Thanks in advance

Peter Villadsen
Sonofon GSM
Denmark

www.sonofon.dk

Re:Porting BCB 1.0 to BCB 3.0

Tip: Don't use old .mak files. Create new projects...

--
Andreas Blochberger, Dipl.-Informatiker
csd Systemhaus GmbH, Darsteinstr. 1, 93413 Cham

Re:Porting BCB 1.0 to BCB 3.0

Peter Villadsen <P...@Sonofon.DK> wrote:
>I have bought BCB 3.0, and before I start porting my applications I would
>like some good advices/techniques.

I created a new project, copied all the form.dfm+form.h+form.cpp files
into the new directory, and Project|Added them all, and it has worked
perfectly and really didn't take that much time at all.

--
Lucian Wischik, Queens' College, Cambridge CB3 9ET. ljw1...@cam.ac.uk

Re:Porting BCB 1.0 to BCB 3.0

Peter Villadsen <P...@Sonofon.DK> wrote in article
<01bdaf03$59808700$2e6e10ac@pc1704>...

> Hi,

> I have bought BCB 3.0, and before I start porting my applications I would
> like some good advices/techniques.

        It seems okay save for the total change in the TDataSet database
interface,
it totally broke our application.  For the time being we have gone back to
v1.0,
even with its {*word*193} memory leak in the BDE interface to DB2.

        Chris

Re:Porting BCB 1.0 to BCB 3.0

Chris McKillop wrote:
>         It seems okay save for the total change in the TDataSet database
> interface,
> it totally broke our application.

Didn't experience anything even remotely like this. Only problem I had
in the migration was with the AVs when trying to use the console app
wizard, which was in turn tracked down to a problem in RX lib.

Ken

Re:Porting BCB 1.0 to BCB 3.0

On 16 Jul 1998 17:26:15 GMT, "Chris McKillop"

<cdmck...@novice.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
>    It seems okay save for the total change in the TDataSet database interface,
>it totally broke our application.  For the time being we have gone back to v1.0,
>even with its {*word*193} memory leak in the BDE interface to DB2.

Are you referring to the new TBDEDataSet class,  which is used by all
of the BDE components?  If this is the case,  you can <dynamic_cast>
the TDataSet "Sender" tot eh correct class and continue on using it I
believe...

Other Threads