Resizing Form so components are autoscaled to fit?

How do I get a form, dialog box, etc..., to be resizable so that the
edit boxes, memo boxes, etc... stay visible when I shink or expand the
form. Now the form expands but the size of the components on the page
stay the same size and I get scroll bars on one side and only a few of
the components are visible at a time.
A companion question is when I run the program on one computer the edit
boxes, memo boxes, etc.. fill up the form. When I run it on another
computer all the boxes, etc... a up in the corner and there is a lot of
dead(blank) space to the lower right/down. I know it probably has to do
with the screen resolution but is there a way to automatically enlarge
the components to be the same relative size on any computer?

PS
I have looked at the Align & Anchor properties and none seem to have
anything that allows resizing with scaling.

Thanks...Tom

Re:Resizing Form so components are autoscaled to fit?

Anchor change the sizes of the components, not the scales (no font changes,
...).

I'm not an expert in rescaling, but I believe the form has to be a Dialog
box, and the form has to be scaled.

Personnaly, I'd stick with Anchors and not change the font size.

"Tom Sutherland" <tom.sutherl...@msfc.nasa.gov> a crit dans le message
news: 3D59667A.FD742__BEGIN_MASK_n#9g02mG7!__...__END_MASK_i?a63jfAD$z__@msfc.nasa.gov...

> How do I get a form, dialog box, etc..., to be resizable so that the
> edit boxes, memo boxes, etc... stay visible when I shink or expand the
> form. Now the form expands but the size of the components on the page
> stay the same size and I get scroll bars on one side and only a few of
> the components are visible at a time.
> A companion question is when I run the program on one computer the edit
> boxes, memo boxes, etc.. fill up the form. When I run it on another
> computer all the boxes, etc... a up in the corner and there is a lot of
> dead(blank) space to the lower right/down. I know it probably has to do
> with the screen resolution but is there a way to automatically enlarge
> the components to be the same relative size on any computer?

> PS
> I have looked at the Align & Anchor properties and none seem to have
> anything that allows resizing with scaling.

> Thanks...Tom

Re:Resizing Form so components are autoscaled to fit?

Something else you might want to look into is a component from Developer Express called Layout
Manager.  I have this same problem everywhere.  It seems like all my customers run at different
resolutions, large fonts, small fonts, etc.  I finally gave up and purchased this component.

The customer support is excellent.  But their "help" and such needs a tremendous amount of work.  I
wish everyone would do  as well as this as Turbopower.  I love their documentation.

Michael

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:44:48 +0200, <ch...@tribbeck.com> wrote:
>Anchor change the sizes of the components, not the scales (no font changes,
>...).

>I'm not an expert in rescaling, but I believe the form has to be a Dialog
>box, and the form has to be scaled.

>Personnaly, I'd stick with Anchors and not change the font size.

>"Tom Sutherland" <tom.sutherl...@msfc.nasa.gov> a crit dans le message
>news: 3D59667A.FD742__BEGIN_MASK_n#9g02mG7!__...__END_MASK_i?a63jfAD$z__@msfc.nasa.gov...
>> How do I get a form, dialog box, etc..., to be resizable so that the
>> edit boxes, memo boxes, etc... stay visible when I shink or expand the
>> form. Now the form expands but the size of the components on the page
>> stay the same size and I get scroll bars on one side and only a few of
>> the components are visible at a time.
>> A companion question is when I run the program on one computer the edit
>> boxes, memo boxes, etc.. fill up the form. When I run it on another
>> computer all the boxes, etc... a up in the corner and there is a lot of
>> dead(blank) space to the lower right/down. I know it probably has to do
>> with the screen resolution but is there a way to automatically enlarge
>> the components to be the same relative size on any computer?

>> PS
>> I have looked at the Align & Anchor properties and none seem to have
>> anything that allows resizing with scaling.

>> Thanks...Tom

Other Threads