URGENT "Win32 Error: Code 87"

: "Richard Hauer" <Richard.Ha...@pointinfo.com> wrote:

>an install set with ISExpress. When I install it
>on a foreign machine i get "Win32 Error: Code 87 - The parameter is
>incorrect".

If InstallShield Express throws that error, please contact InstallShield
(http://www.installshield.com/) for support.

If *your* application throws the error, we need more information.

--
General information:
    * Do not cross- or multipost

TeamB - http://www.teamb.com/

Re:URGENT "Win32 Error: Code 87"

The error is in my application, not IS. Howeever I do not  get the error on
either of the two dev machines (both NT Wks). I have installed the app (with
BDE and a Paradox 7 db) onto three Win95 machines and one Win98 machine and
I got this error each time.
Because the app is compiled for release, and there is no BCB on the target
machines I can't figure out where it is coming from.

I suspect it is coming from a TForm->ManualDock call but I cannot confirm
this. My app starts by manually docking a number of forms (some 18) to a
TPageControl, but i get this error and not all of the pages have been docked
and the code in that member function does not execute to completion. The app
then continues to load and run however (with the remaining forms missing
from the PageControl).

Hope this helps...

Rgds,
Richard

Re:URGENT "Win32 Error: Code 87"

: "Richard Hauer" <Richard.Ha...@pointinfo.com> wrote:

>My app starts by manually docking a number of forms (some 18) to a
>TPageControl, but i get this error

Sounds like an out-of-resources problem of some kind.

I am sorry, but that's it.

--
General information:
    * Do not cross- or multipost