Control Panel Applet problem

Hi there!

BCB5 - "Hello World" (in OnActivate event) control panel applet (Win2K)
- works fine if you right-click on the .cpl file and "open with control
panel" or "run as..." - however if I a) copy the cpl into winnt\system32
and run control panel or b) "install control panel applet" & "launch
control panel" from the BCB ide then Explorer.exe crashes with
"instruction at (x) referenced memory at (y)..."

The same project works fine in Delphi 5(SP1)

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

John le Conte

Re:Control Panel Applet problem

Hi again!

Some more informative (I think...) error messages have, apparently randomly,
replaced the bad memory reference : "Cannot find file /idlist, :132:552,
(or one of its components)" or perhaps "Cannot find file (NULL) (or one of
its components)"

Thanks

John le Conte

Re:Control Panel Applet problem

Hi

Its resolved now - if anyone has the same problem then uncheck "build wth
runtime packages"

John le Conte

Other Threads